DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low-altitude waypoint mission...

hwkacy

Reactions
I would like to create a very low altitude waypoint mission to shoot a field of wildflowers, but even if I set the points by flying, or manually entering 1 or 2 feet for the altitude, when I execute the mission it goes no lower than about 5 feet.

Is there a way to get Litchi to fly a very low altitude mission?

Will

I'm not sure I would have the guts to try what you are doing, but I'm wondering if VPS is kicking in and raising your altitude?

Remember the height is relative to the take off point. If you a launching from slightly above the field you may have to set negative altitudes.

Reactions: jcross
I'm not sure I would have the guts to try what you are doing, but I'm wondering if VPS is kicking in and raising your altitude?
Hmm... I turned Landing Protection off, but didn't think of VPS -- I'll try that, thanks!

The shot I have in mind is a very SLOW pass above the flowers. Hopefully no big disaster waits... [emoji4]

Remember the height is relative to the take off point. If you a launching from slightly above the field you may have to set negative altitudes.
When I set the path from the Mavic it actually did set negative values -- still went back and executed at 5'.

Hmm... I turned Landing Protection off, but didn't think of VPS -- I'll try that, thanks!

The shot I have in mind is a very SLOW pass above the flowers. Hopefully no big disaster waits... [emoji4]
Turning VPS off seems to have done the trick!

Reactions: jcross
Excellent! Got some footage for us?

The wind has been blowing 20-35 MPH since I figured this out, but when it calms down some and I can get to where I know the bluebonnets are thick, I'll get some and upload!

Will

You can also use Litchi and create your mission in Google Earth and import it into Litchi. You can set your altitude relative to ground and it will ascend / decsend to keep the same elevation throughout the mission. Of course you would have to disable the VPS for this also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan