DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low light video from Mini 3 Pro is that good! Watch my teaser shot at blue hour.

Derlisz

Reactions
Mindful of the heavy handed approach to image processing in the 24/25/30 fps "HQ" modes I shot this video in 50 fps sacrificing full stop of light. Yet it looks very good and it's less demanding in post than low light videos I shot with Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S. It absolutely destroys it's predecessor Mini 2 but that was a given. Let me know what your thoughts are on this!

Mindful of the heavy handed approach to image processing in the 24/25/30 fps "HQ" modes I shot this video in 50 fps sacrificing full stop of light. Yet it looks very good and it's less demanding in post than low light videos I shot with Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S. It absolutely destroys it's predecessor Mini 2 but that was a given. Let me know what your thoughts are on this!
It looks excellent!

Reactions: dsrtrdr7
If you want to not sacrifice full stop of light, shoot at 50fps with 1/50 shutter speed, and just remove every other frame in post. Makes it 25fps with originally wanted 1/50 shutter speed

If you want to not sacrifice full stop of light, shoot at 50fps with 1/50 shutter speed, and just remove every other frame in post. Makes it 25fps with originally wanted 1/50 shutter speed
I did that already. Had I been filming in 25 fps I wouldn't hasitate to set shutter to 1/25s

That is just beautiful - Bournemouth's changed since I was last there 55 years ago!

Very nice indeed. I actually prefer this to the night video you see from the Nano+ that looks like daylight.
If I shoot at night I want it to look like it's shot at night.

I've been doing night videos & photography with my Air 2, & dealing with the noise.
This video has pretty much put the Mini 3 Pro on my acquisition list. :)

I've been doing night videos & photography with my Air 2, & dealing with the noise.
This video has pretty much put the Mini 3 Pro on my acquisition list. :)
I used Air 2 before and have done a bit of low light but there was a limit to what you could push it too even with heavy processing. This on the other hand was processed very lightly by myslef.

I'll start my trip to the UK tomorrow ... really eager to visit the coast to.
Besides that, it's pretty tricky to figure out which public spot I am allowed to take off/land with all the council bye-laws, often not even available online.

Airspace though with CAA is pretty easy.

@Derlisz Great video, congratulations!

Last edited:
Pretty impressive for a little tiny drone. It is not quite Mavic 3 level but getting pretty close.
Mavic 3 has the sensor size going from it no doubt. Mind that with no dual native iso and slower optics that advantage is quickly meting. I have to shoot this at 50 fps to avoid heavy processing currently applied to natural frame rates. When this small issue is finally addressed we will get an extra stop of light over what you see in this video. M3 is also still limited to iso 400/800 in the dlog. It could be closer in reality then it is on the paper.

I'll start my trip to the UK tomorrow ... really eager to visit the coast to.
Besides that, it's pretty tricky to figure out which public spot I am allowed to take off/land with all the council bye-laws, often not even available online.

Airspace though with CAA is pretty easy.
As a rule of thumb I look for obvious and legal signage. If non is found is do not hesitate to take off and land. Worst case scenario the complaint of the land owner will be for a split second that lounch and land my drone as the flight itself is beyond their control. I haven't heard of a single case where a drone flier in UK was successful sued for damages resulting in unauthorised TOAL.

@Derlisz Thank you, exactly my thoughts.
I most sincerely will be cautions and respectful but it is quite the pain to figure out beforehand if all those bye-laws are somewhere hidden. 😆

Reactions: Derlisz
I re-reviewed the footage on my iPad Pro (with the mini LED). And it looks even better. I just realised; the entire package is just excellent. I never imagined we would have this technology with the controller even for less than 1000 euro or dollar. Also the fact that it is below 250 grams and will stay in the air for about 30 minutes..

Great skills with the composition and editing also!

Great! Very nice footage, perfectly exposed, nice motion!

Very nice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark