DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Low Perspective Desert Flying

That’s fascinating footage. Is there water anywhere nearby? Also wondering about the Yucca trees and other vegetation. The area seems surprisingly green.

I would probably last five seconds at that altitude before kissing a tree or a nice boulder.

Could you say where this is? I like the desert and am just wondering.

Thanks.

Reactions: Capt KO
That’s fascinating footage. Is there water anywhere nearby? Also wondering about the Yucca trees and other vegetation. The area seems surprisingly green.

I would probably last five seconds at that altitude before kissing a tree or a nice boulder.

Could you say where this is? I like the desert and am just wondering.

Thanks.
Thanks, glad you liked it. This area is 20 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip on highway 159. It is on the opposite side of the road from Red Rock Canyon which can be seen in this video in the distance. There is a bigo corral with horse rentals and many folks rent the horses for the day. I hiked out 1.5 miles for this video, not many hikers out there. Normally this time of year the vegetation is a bit browner with only dry grass, but we had Monsoon rains in late summer which greened up the grass and even caused a few flowers to bloom. In really wet years this whole area can bloom in early spring, but that is kinda rare. There are many springs nearby and natural water tanks on top of the hills above. Lots of Big Horn Sheep, Burros on the flats, and Mule dear in the Mountains. There is an abundance of wildlife hear including many birds and reptiles as well as Desert Tortoises. The Yucca and Joshua trees are pretty hardy and can survive on minimal rainfall for years. This is actually Mojave Desert but more similar to the Sonoran desert of Arizona. Most areas of the Mojave desert consist of Creosote Bush and folks driving through these areas are usually in a hurry to get past it! Gotta love the desert I guess!

Nice FPV. what speed enhancement if any. Show worthy
You're good..lol

Nice FPV. what speed enhancement if any. Show worthy
You're good..lol
No speed enhancement used. Camera set to 4K/60 and Rock Steady setting. All other settings on default and no filters, just raw video clips. Thanks.

This was from this morning's flight, wild Burros but fairly tame! I think I have seen these 3 guys before!
Burros 10:16:22.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lorpal

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky