DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 battery on fire

It is important to understand that lithium and oxygen are a bad mix. This is why airlines require any lithium batteries you transport to come into the cabin and not be stowed below in case one of the cells rupture, almost certainly starting a fire. If you ever go camping you should carry a spare litihium battery. If you get stranded and need to start a fire for warmth or a signal opening the cell and exposing the lithium will generate enough heat to start a fire, far easier than rubbing two sticks together.... or you could just carry a creme brule torch :).

Reactions: BigAl07 and E90RAW
I saw this guys post on Facebook, his battery was swelling and he opened it up to check on it and it caught fire, he is the cause for the fire - do not open a swelling battery dispose of it properly
Can you share the facebook link ?

Any cut in a LiPo even if is damage can or will cause a violent fire.
The correct way for disposal a LiPo battery is leave it for 3 days in Salt and Water.

The Smoke produced from the LiPo fire is very toxic and can be lethal. Do not try this.

I had 2 bad batteries from my old P2 . I disposed of them by shooting them with my 45/70 done deal . Lol
Its going to be tough to re-cycle those babies!

Shooting a drone battery is boring . No boom , sparks or fire . Very small amount of smoke and that’s it .

Any cut in a LiPo even if is damage can or will cause a violent fire.
The correct way for disposal a LiPo battery is leave it for 3 days in Salt and Water.

...and first run the battery as low as it will go. For my old lipo's with the standard Deans plug (or similar) I had a 12v bulb on the end of a pigtail, I could completely exhaust the battery power, then when dunked in salt water I never had any sort of reaction. I now have 3 swelled MP2 batteries and need to figure out a plug to connect to my light to completely discharge them.... I've treated these batteries well and pretty pissed that I have $450 of worthless batteries... reminiscent of the old Phantom 2 days where the batteries puffed on a regular basis.

Just came across this on the internet. Wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

You would have had an entirely different experience if you just poked a hole in it. My Battery spilled black Soot Smoke for 20 minutes and took a year for the smell to leave the garage . I am now much more careful of placing batteries in the trash.

I remember my garage and that smoke, but mine happened on a puncture.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear