DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 M3PROCINE WIDE Panoramic RAW DNG Stitch

AIRWORKS

Reactions
I have a done a lot of 360 and wide stitched photos in my time and i have all the software, Photoshop, PtGui Pro etc but im struggling to get the RAW files taken with these to look anything close to the ones DJI stitch internally and I like them better everytime.

Has anyone come up with a workflow epsically one thats not too labour intensive to stitch these together?

Can you post or link to some examples? I use PTGui Pro for 360 panos and sometimes Photoshop or Lightroom for others. I never use the drone stitched panos and always do them manually from the original images.

Chris

Sure here is an example of the edited Jpeg that the drone stitched and then the RAW files which i can algn in PT gui Pro and photoshop but not with this perspective, even using the rectilinear which is as close as i can get it still doesnt look as good. If you can get a similer look id love to know how, i know this program has a lot of settings ive never used so maybe im not doing it right?

Hi @AIRWORKS. Are these images from the automated 9 shot wide pano function on the drone?

Here is what I came up with in PTGui Pro and Photoshop from your RAW images. I cropped them and did very little editing. The first image is from PTGui Pro and the second from PS. The Photoshop stitch was cleaner for cropping.

PTGui_Pro Panorama.jpg

PS_Panorama.jpg

Here is your original image below for comparison (size reduced to upload):

179.jpg

I use the in-drone stitch when I use the automated panos similar to the way I use the review screen on my DSLRs, to view an image to see if the perspective I captured is what I wanted. Also, I will often process my panos through multiple software (PTGui Pro, PS, or Lightroom) to see which one produces the best stitch because oftentimes one program will do a better job than the others. In the case of 360º panos and complex multi-row panos I usually always rely on PTGui Pro.

There are others on the forum who are even more experienced with panos like @Meta4 who may be able to provide some further insight.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman