DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA - RTH Question

rlively

Reactions
While flying today I decided to check the RTH feature and discovered it wasn't responding. I was always in visual range of the MA and not above 30 ft. I simply flew it home manually with no problems. Not sure what needs to be reset. I recalibrated the compass and all the normal stuff one would be on top of. I'm missing something! Thanks in advance!

How did you attempt to initiate RTH?

The RTH button on the remote needs to be held for about 3 seconds to activate so that it it's hard to trigger inadvertently.

Simply by hitting the RTH button on the Controller
Did you press and release it quickly or press and hold it until the remote controller started beeping?

Did you press and release it quickly or press and hold it until the remote controller started beeping?
I pressed and released quickly. I bet that was the problem!!

Just went out and gave it a test run and held the RTH RC button down for 3 sec as you said and all worked just fine!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:
The RTH button on the remote needs to be held for about 3 seconds to activate so that it it's hard to trigger inadvertently.
thanks so much for reminding me of that feature. Still learning my way around the MA

Also note that if the aircraft is farther than 20m away, it will ascend to the RTH height set in the app before flying home. Always make sure you are not under something because it could fly up and crash into something above it.

If it is between 5-20m it will just fly home at the current altitude.

And if it is less than 5m, it just lands.

Also note that if the aircraft is farther than 20m away, it will ascend to the RTH height set in the app before flying home. Always make sure you are not under something because it could fly up and crash into something above it.

If it is between 5-20m it will just fly home at the current altitude.

And if it is less than 5m, it just lands.
Yes thank you for this reminder!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts