DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic Extended warranty

Thumper

Reactions
Does anyone here have extended warranty on the Drone because $1K is a lot of money.

I heard of DJI refresh not sure what it is and how long they cover you.

Some people have said your car insurance company like Geico or Allstate.

Any idea guys?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Personal Article policy from State Farm beats the DJI Refresh all to heck. It costs me $60 a year (and that's also with my son's $1000 trumpet on the policy!), and there is no deductible for claims. They cover WAY MORE than the DJI Refresh.....they will cover 'Fly A ways' and 'Theft' which the DJI Refresh don't cover. And for a little more than half the price! It's a No-Brainer for me, spend your $99 (Actually $120) for 2 years coverage instead.

I agree with JR...
I have State Farm Coverage for my Typhoon H, P2, P3 and will add the MP ( iF it ever gets here) for the same cost of $60 /yr for all !
My agent said I am covered for all because I can't fly everyone of them at the same time !
I also have a $1mill liability coverage for next to nothing...
I am a long time State Farm Client ( 50 + YRS!)

So when you sign up with them does it specifically state that the insurance is for a drone and does it list all that's covered? Did you just call them and speak to an agent?

Mavic Ray...
Sorry for late reply....Work!
I have a Personal Article Policy for my photo equipment ($20+K)
so I have added the drones to it..
I just called my agent whom I have had forever! and emailed him copies of my receipts with serial numbers
along with my FAA registration numbers and it was added to the policy.

Hi Atomic but is there anything in that people from your insurance company that says "drones" or whatever they classify it as? You need to make sure because the day something happens you don't want to call and they say but wait no one said drones and there's no info written down

Thumper...I asked my agent yesterday about the wording of "Drones" and he said that is a personal "Item"
with my serial number of the "drones" as the item..
IE: Yuneec Typhoon H Serial Number GOxxxxxxxxxxxx
I provided photos of the drones along with photos of the serial number ( All my insured Items )
He said it makes no difference and it is the same as my Canon Mark IV or DX or any lens I have insured according to the serial number.
All I know is what was told to me! I Have never used a claim, so only if it happens will I know for sure !

How many years does the DJI refresh give you? And can you auto renew it like a Bestbuy protection plan

I just called statefarm and they do insure drones. The issue is this is a new policy coverage that they really do not know what it covers. The agent said it will most likely cover theft and acts of nature like fire etc. but it will not cover accidental crashes. So that kinda defeats the purpose and the best option for the drone will be the refresh.

I just called statefarm and they do insure drones. The issue is this is a new policy coverage that they really do not know what it covers. The agent said it will most likely cover theft and acts of nature like fire etc. but it will not cover accidental crashes. So that kinda defeats the purpose and the best option for the drone will be the refresh.

Based on my experience with insurance companies, I believe this to be the case.

**** so guess DJI refresh is the best option to protect the drone when it comes to crashes

Based on my experience with insurance companies, I believe this to be the case.
I just got my policy from State Farm, and it indeed covers accidental crashes. Basically all inclusive. $60/yr

What's the name of that policy. If it's possible can you send me a screen shot of that piece so I can tell my agent that he is a moron?

I won't get it till tonight or tomorrow. I did find out that different States have different rules too.

It is a stand alone Personal Articles Policy. Minimum is $60/yr, so that it what it costs.

What's the name of that policy. If it's possible can you send me a screen shot of that piece so I can tell my agent that he is a moron?

Folks, just realize that a Personal Articles Floater - whether attached to your homeowner's policy, or underwritten separately by another insurer - may be cheap up front, but if you file a claim, it will be a strike against your insurability. ChoicePoint is like Equifax for insurance risk. If you file a PAF claim, it will be logged by ChoicePoint, and treated with the same weight as an auto accident or homeowner's claim - and may well result in higher auto/home premiums and/or policy non-renewal. These are substantial risks for a $1000 item. A term-limited plan like Refresh or Asurion does NOT count against your insurance risk if you file a claim. That is why they are generally more expensive up front, and carry a deductible.

A term-limited plan like Refresh or Asurion does NOT count against your insurance risk if you file a claim. That is why they are generally more expensive up front, and carry a deductible.

Asurion is only $15 more expensive and has no deductible. Why people are still recommending a State Farm policy is beyond me.

You cannot put asurion unless the drone was bought from a vendor they support.They do not support Bestbuy nor DJI

You cannot put asurion unless the drone was bought from a vendor they support.They do not support Bestbuy nor DJI

Sure you can. But if you buy the plan through Amazon, and the drone is not fixable, you're reimbursement will be in the form of an Amazon gift card. So you'd have to buy the replacement through Amazon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_