DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference check app

it should recalibrate, if it does not you should check more into why it did not....I have never been not able to complete my recalibration on any of my drones
I’m thinking it’s my watch. My son-in-law cane for a visit and I had him try calibrating it. Worked first time. Next time I flew, I tried calibrating it, no joy.

I had these problems with the MP1.

If calibration doesnt work, the last remedy is de-magnetizer like C-fixer or similar product.

Have you tried calibrating with the remote more than 20 feet away from aircraft?

Do you store the drone near a car or home sound speaker? Those have big magnets and can mess with the compass.

I get it over lava flows here in NM, Ive Lost two drones on Mt taylor , with a magnetic interference at 8500 ft the drones altitude sensors lose 95 feet or so ,and in rough mountain,s with lots of major elevation changes, and lost signal you have to pay attention to all the details i,ve got video of my drone running into the ground over and over trying to return home with a 168 ft return home altitude. my brother took his garmin up helping me search and it was useless up there
The details given don't add up.
It would be interesting to see recorded flight data for some of these flights (in a separate thread) to find out what was really happening up there.

I’m thinking it’s my watch. My son-in-law cane for a visit and I had him try calibrating it. Worked first time. Next time I flew, I tried calibrating it, no joy.

Is this by chance a smart watch? Could very well be the case. If i fire up my M2P next to my wireless mouse I get interference, move it a few feet away and its clear. Keep in mind for that warning to trip, you are probably pretty close to the source of interference (aka your watch).

maybe.....i am not sure..take off watch..an see

Is this by chance a smart watch? Could very well be the case. If i fire up my M2P next to my wireless mouse I get interference, move it a few feet away and its clear. Keep in mind for that warning to trip, you are probably pretty close to the source of interference (aka your watch).

My Apple Watch with the magnetic clasp is on the wrist of the hand I hold the drone in when I’m trying to calibrate. I’m hoping that’s the cause.

Here’s an update folks- as advised today i removed any potential object that could be causing the problem- keys; my normal phone; watch; even my belt and took the M2 P to a parkland with wide open grass areas- and the same warning came up.

calibrated the compass and flew normally -if nervously

On getting back home I asked DJI Support and the advice was to update the firmware with DJI Assistant 2. I will do that tomorrow and report back when I next get a chance to fly- the weather here is looking very iffy for the next several days

OK here's my story. I just had my drone replaced by DJI due to Compass error and IMU defect. I tested it in the back yard first with great results. Next I placed it on my concrete front step and lifted off to about 40 meters. It was just hovering there and suddenly took off over my roof and out of sight. I grabbed the sticks and regained control and was amazed just how far it had flown; approx. 300 Meters! I was very concerned and thought that this drone would also have to be returned defective. Then I happen to come across a posting on how to detect for electro magnetic force in the spot selected for take-off. I downloaded the app and immediately went to my step to check for EMF. I was there folks and the meter went RED! It varied in strength as I moved it across my step and I realized I had found my problem. My Mini 2 did not pick up this magnetic interference before lifting off however the EMF Detector App did. I will continue using this since it's a great tool to have and could save your drone from a flyaway. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 1619548501446.png
    1619548501446.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 1619548605593.png
    1619548605593.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 6

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members