DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Major Dilemma

Rogue_01

Reactions
Well major dilemma to me... i have choice i need to make quick. My wife preordered a Mavic Pro Fly More for me In November. With her not thinking it would'nt be here in time for a Christmas surprise she ordered a Phantom 4 Pro and received it 3 days later. Well she just received notification that her credit card was charged for the Mavic. So she had to tell me what was going on. She has 7 calendar days to return the P4P, so this friday. I dont know which one to keep Help please! This will be my first real drone.

Depends what you use it for. If you are taking it while you travel on need portability the mavic for sure. If portability doesn't matter then go with the phantom.

No real traveling outside the US. We are buying a travel trailer this coming year so space wouldn't be a huge concern. Trying to find a side by side comparison of the two.

I'm sure you will get plenty of help, I kinda had the same dilemma . I decided the portability and fun factor of the mavic made it the right choice for me. It's so easy to take with me that it don't seem like a chore to bring everywhere. The video are really good to my newbie eye.

Having owned a Phanom 3 the size of the drone kept me from taking it many places as I had to wear this huge backpack. The Mavic will go more places and is tons less conspicous. I used to get all kinds of people that would notice when I got airborne as the prop sounds are fairly loud and distinctive. The Mavic can barely be heard above 100 feet AGL.

Portability and stealth are a huge leap forward in drone technology.

Reactions: DirkGently
Simple,, keep them Both . Your covered in all suggestions ; )

Last edited:
It's louder than the Mavic but slightly quieter than the Inspire

Well i cancelled the Mavic.... and instant regret haha. Hoping i made the right choice. How loud is the P4P?
You are going to love the P4P the video is simply stunning, even though I was happy with the mavic video, there is a difference that just has to be seen, it's very immersive looking.

If its your first real drone and you're not a particularly experienced photographer, I'd have said to just go with the Mavic.

No real traveling outside the US. We are buying a travel trailer this coming year so space wouldn't be a huge concern. Trying to find a side by side comparison of the two.
Have you ever HAD a TT, or other RV, you will be pressed for space believe me (specially if your spouse likes to take 'stuff' "Just in case I need it") I have been RV'ing for years and have a Class A, never enough storage space, unless you are a minimalist :) I got the Mavic just for the fact I no longer have to find room for that huge P3P case.

Reactions: burtg
Go with the Mavic IMO

My P3P and P4 are still working well and I have the Mavic. If I had to only have one it would be the Mavic. Portability (and sound to a lesser degree) rule. That being said, the P4P sounds great. Such problems you have!

Reactions: Rogue_01
Yea so now im kicking myself for not keeping my Mavic coming and just returning the P4P. I think with it being my first drone and for my use as of right now it would have better suited my needs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian