DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Making a proper HDR video with a Mavic 2

Pablo

Reactions
Has anyone successfully managed this yet? Here's an example of it:

If you have a compatible phone or TV you can select HDR. Looks stunning and I want to try it.

I know you need to shoot in HLG rather than DLOG M and then it's up to how you set it up in post, but there's precious few even on Youtube that work as proper HDR videos. (Lots that say HDR in title but don't actually load in HDR).

Anyway here's the Youtube comment he gave me on how he did it which I will try to follow:

Yes I was using HLG with the M2P, but you can use DLOG as well, but its easier with HLG. (the software automatically recognizes it as HDR) In Final cut you have to change the library to Wide Gamut under the Library settings, then you can change the project to HLG, or 2020 PQ which plays nice with YouTube.

Let's see how I get on. If you've managed any HDR videos yourself feel free to share them in here. Cheers!

Very nice images thanks
Personnaly I capture HDR with a 3rd App. on IOS. HDRPano after that I create the pano with PTGui pro that take care directly od the Hdr views.

That's for pictures though right? Using AEB etc to create a HDR image?

I'm talking about HDR video specifically, which seems to be a lot tougher to achieve.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast