DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Making Sure I understand Tap-to-Focus

ckizer

Reactions
My mavic arrives tomorrow. I see in earlier firmware you were required to tap to focus the camera every single time before flying. It seems this is changed in software now?

What do I need to know tomorrow when I first fly to make sure my photos are in focus or set to infinity?
Just wanna to make sure I don't end up with a bunch of out of focus photos.

My mavic arrives tomorrow. I see in earlier firmware you were required to tap to focus the camera every single time before flying. It seems this is changed in software now?

What do I need to know tomorrow when I first fly to make sure my photos are in focus or set to infinity?
Just wanna to make sure I don't end up with a bunch of out of focus photos.

hi ckizer,

my opinion is:
look at this video, and i think you will found some answer. the guy speak about focus from ~36:10. i use peak focus treshold in GO4 app, and it is colored to red what is in focus. anyway, look at that video. that is very good start for beginers, as i am or maybe you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ckizer
hi ckizer,

my opinion is:
look at this video, and i think you will found some answer. the guy speak about focus from ~36:10. i use peak focus treshold in GO4 app, and it is colored to red what is in focus. anyway, look at that video. that is very good start for beginers, as i am or maybe you :)

Thanks for the video. I'm new to Mavic, but not drones. Isn't the information he's telling about tap to focus outdated? I thought there are now toggles for continuous autofocus. Do you tap to focus each time before taking off? I don't want to remember to set focus to infinity each and every time.

Thanks for the video. I'm new to Mavic, but not drones. Isn't the information he's telling about tap to focus outdated? I thought there are now toggles for continuous autofocus. Do you tap to focus each time before taking off? I don't want to remember to set focus to infinity each and every time.

ohh, maybe i misunderstood your question. (i sended the video for you because the focus threshold)

i switched off the continous focus, because i don't need it. it would be distracting for me if i make some "important" scene and the camera focusing in the scene automatically. so i tap the focus before every scene. and yes, i also tap the focus during take off (i focusing all the ****** time :)). my friend use manual focus. it requires more care or concentration. i'm new to mavic and also to drone, so i have to use auto focus yet, and the FOCUS THRESHOLD help me for focusing. (sorry for my poor english!)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu