DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Man killed retrieving drone .Was shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah , you have to be careful around those wires .

Same comment I made on PP - that's a really callous article focussing more on the airspace, the regulations and whether the drone was registered than the fact that someone was killed.
Well would you like to find another article on it that suits you ?
That was just the first one I saw on it .

Reactions: Live LA
Sad. ... and worse, the article is not really about the deceased, but a rant about flying in a no fly zone. Wrong or not why would the reporting tabloid contact FAA. That’s the police area. I’m sure that it’s a waste of time, but my taxpayer money will be wasted because of a useless report...

Reactions: Concern
What is Sar?

Were there no more articles/new about this?
If i die collecting a drone, I don't wan't some Hack in the ClaytonDaily?
using it as a Sentence in his NFZ article.
He then lists the FAA rules, Seriously WTf?
[Mod Removed Edited Remark )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mnis
I wasn’t aware that flying in a nfz was illegal.
Restricted yes. Am I wrong?

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
I wasn’t aware that flying in a nfz was illegal.
Restricted yes. Am I wrong?

It depends on what you mean by NFZ. DJI doesn't define NFZs. The GEO system has a range of zones including "Restricted", which require custom unlocking, "Altitude" which restrict altitude, "Authorization", which can be self-unlocked, and various "Warning" zones.

Some of those are illegal to fly in without authorization, others depend on the flight status (Part 107 vs. 336), and others are just advisory.

Maybe the better question is, was the pilot in violation?
The article only mentions that it was a restricted area.
Not convinced the reporter has that information correct, so more info may be needed to make that determination.

He’s dead. The point of my earlier post is that our laws no longer apply and of course of the abusive nature of the report which was really a rant against the man and drone pilots without regard to his grieving surviving family members.

The article only mentions that it was a restricted area.
Not convinced the reporter has that information correct, so more info may be needed to make that determination.

The location was just inside the 5-mile distance from the airport, and just inside the surface Class B airspace.

IMG_F69C0D1680EE-1.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not reading that it’s the pilot that died. Another piece of the puzzle that’s not clear, courtesy of the reporter not doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga