DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual Focus

I Bought the Mavic Air 2 when it was first introduced and which has been problem free. At the time I did not realize all the preparation required just to go out and fly freely. It was less hassle flying airplanes.
Did you fly it much? If not, you could purchase a drone less than 250 grams like the Mini 3pro and fly with more freedom around the Vancouver area. Don't be discouraged.

Did you fly it much? If not, you could purchase a drone less than 250 grams like the Mini 3pro and fly with more freedom around the Vancouver area. Don't be discouraged.
I haven’t flown it that much, just under 150 hours over two years. I have the Advanced certificate which is less restrictive but still, between the Govt required paperwork and BLOS/ALT restrictions, I just can’t seem to get excited about flying. Perhaps if I had more interest in photography it might help. Or maybe, I just miss the views and freedom I felt flying planes.

I haven’t flown it that much, just under 150 hours over two years. I have the Advanced certificate which is less restrictive but still, between the Govt required paperwork and BLOS/ALT restrictions, I just can’t seem to get excited about flying. Perhaps if I had more interest in photography it might help. Or maybe, I just miss the views and freedom I felt flying planes.
Sub 250 grams is even less restrictive, regardless whether you have an advanced certificate. If you live close to YVR you are very restricted with your Mavic air 2.
You will never replace flying aircraft personally,[drones don't even come close] but drones can give you a birds eye view of the world in a different sense.
Read up carefully with what you can do with a sub 250 g drone and then go out and purchase one. It will revitalize your outlook somewhat...

As a Private Pilot who lost his medical and consequently tried to recapture at least some of the feeling I had flying by purchasing a RPAS, I’ve been disappointed…in part because of all the restrictions and rules that apply to what should be a fun and easy pastime. Hope it works out better for you!

I can understand how devastating it must've been to be grounded, sorry to hear that. I hope you gathered enough memories from the experience to last a lifetime though.

Although a drone probably cannot replace the feeling of flying a plane, for some people, I'm still enjoying the experience very much. I'm using it for the practicality of aerial photography and videography which is something I can't do as a lone pilot in a plane. 500ft above ground level in a plane isn't low enough to capture the up-close subjects I want to get.

Reactions: Papa Beach
Actually, I’m on Vancouver Island and quite a distance from any major airport. I may give the mini a chance at some point but I think I just need to find more time and interesting spots to launch from. Time will tell!

I Bought the Mavic Air 2 when it was first introduced and which has been problem free. At the time I did not realize all the preparation required just to go out and fly freely. It was less hassle flying airplanes.
Isn't THAT a damning indictment of the noose being tied around drone hobbyists necks. A proper qualified pilot commenting about foot-on-the-neck over-regulation. I think you should stick with it.

Reactions: Papa Beach
That's how I started. Bought a cheapie just to try it out. Actually, I had it only about 26 hours before a light breeze took it away. Living in a wooded area... it was gone. But it was enough to know, and within about a day, I picked up a Phantom 1. That was 10 years ago and I'm on my third DJI. My son has two of his own, and he's hiring himself out with the exotic car crowd, with some very cool results. You're a product of your environment, I guess.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1