DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Map Loading" in the Flight Records

Egika

Reactions
Now since I have successfully flown in China, Japan, Germany and Malaysia, I experience an issue with my GO 4.0.6 app on an iphone 6s+

The Flight Record page shows locations for all my flights. Just the last ones from Kuala Lumpur are without a location and just show up as "Map Loading". When I click on the flights, only the ones in China will successfully load the satellite map when scrolling around and zooming in.
Satellite maps from Germany, Japan and Malaysia don't load. Interestingly the "Standard" map layer without the satellite images do load.
I have tried various VPN servers all over the world and tried using both cellular and WiFi data.

What else can I do to have the maps load and my places named correctly?

Thanks

Place name of Malaysia does not show:
3414aff3a4895839b63827a81cdbba10.jpg

Satellite map of China loads and updates fine:
2c7b74f853e827eb7ed19e728eb2112d.jpg

Map of Germany won't load:
052f367aa2732e48ad79f23a18bf5edf.jpg

Standard map with just the streets of the same place does load:
9e0ce7a806788bfdf8c6fbee15ed464b.jpg

Last edited:
Now since I have successfully flown in China, Japan, Germany and Malaysia, I experience an issue with my GO 4.0.6 app on an iphone 6s+

The Flight Record page shows locations for all my flights. Just the last ones from Kuala Lumpur are without a location and just show up as "Map Loading". When I click on the flights, only the ones in China will successfully load the satellite map when scrolling around and zooming in.
Satellite maps from Germany, Japan and Malaysia don't load. Interestingly the "Standard" map layer without the satellite images do load.
I have tried various VPN servers all over the world and tried using both cellular and WiFi data.

What else can I do to have the maps load and my places named correctly?

Thanks

Place name of Malaysia does not show:
3414aff3a4895839b63827a81cdbba10.jpg

Satellite map of China loads and updates fine:
2c7b74f853e827eb7ed19e728eb2112d.jpg

Map of Germany won't load:
052f367aa2732e48ad79f23a18bf5edf.jpg

Standard map with just the streets of the same place does load:
9e0ce7a806788bfdf8c6fbee15ed464b.jpg
but is this available also on Android? cause if I don't connect my mavic I can't see anything like this over my Dji go app...?
[edit]
my bad.. I just found it out [emoji14]
I did not even wonder that "arrow" was actually and active button to access flight logs [emoji14]

Last edited:
Now the question is:

Does it work for any other iOS user?

Ok, thanks for all the answers and help.
Figured it out myself.

If you are located in China, only satellite images from China and Taiwan will load.
Now I tried switching off the rights for DJI Go 4 to access the GPS position of the phone -> no change
Then tried using VPN's all over the world -> no change
Finally switched the phone to flight mode disabling the cellular network and connected through a WiFi (with VPN to other country) -> now it loaded maps from other places...

Strange thing - maybe it helps others...

Last edited:
I have the same issue on a Crystalsky 7.8. Every Mavic flight (I have an Inspire2 and its flights are listed normally) since I bought it a month ago says "Map Loading." The maps show up properly in Airdata, so the data is there. Go4 just isn't working properly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21