DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco Polo tracker placement

That's the pet tracker version. Longer battery life and waterproof case, but bigger and heavier than the RC version.;)
Ah ha. That's where I was getting confused. I thought you guys removed the case off of the pet tracker and what shrieked the electronics to make it smaller. To tell the truth I never heard of this system until I started reading this thread. Got to love a good forum with great members. I just ordered the RC version. Thanks for the clarification

Reactions: Bursky
I've also purchased a marco polo tracker for the mp that should be at my doorstep on the 18th. If someone makes a mounting box I'd be interested in one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app
Well, its not a box but I did create a version of the extended landing gear for the rear which has a tab you can mount the tracker to and is 3D printable. If there is enough demand and nobody else has already created one I could design some type of full box for it to mount in but I feel that is additional weight that is not necessary.

Rear Landing Extension with Tracker mount by Motley74

Reactions: jerryflah
Well, its not a box but I did create a version of the extended landing gear for the rear which has a tab you can mount the tracker to and is 3D printable. If there is enough demand and nobody else has already created one I could design some type of full box for it to mount in but I feel that is additional weight that is not necessary.

That looks like it would work. A couple holes could be drilled in it for zip ties as well as using velcro. I don't trust just using velcro.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

This thread prompted me to go for it. MP for new yet to be delivered MP. The Mar Pol is on its way from Amazon as I type. You all convinced me that $200+ is worth the insurance for my $1400+ Mavic. Thanks to all. I believe it's money well spent if for nothing else, to ease the mind.
Please put me on that list for that rear LG with the "step" for the Tracker.

Last edited:
Reactions: rpmaguire
I want to design a 3 D Printed enclosure that allows the Marco Polo to snap into the 2 tabs on the underside of the Mavic. With an exposed hole for the antenna to route through and also an exposed hole for the charger port.

This could be designed very light weight and position the Marco Polo well behind the lower vision sensors

:)
That's a great idea for pilots without leg extenders, but most leg extenders use those tabs for mounting, at least mine do.

I'll get in line for one of those

I was mistaken about the Trackimo being waterproof. My bad. The mfgr says you can put the device in a mini zip lock bag to make it waterproof tho. I bet it could help find a submerged drone that way...

Remember to get a Tile tracker in addition to your trackimo

That looks like it would work. A couple holes could be drilled in it for zip ties as well as using velcro. I don't trust just using velcro.
I don't really trust velcro either, my plan was to hot glue the tracker to the tab since it would stay as part of the lending leg assembly but I could certainly add a couple of holes, or maybe just divets around the edge for zip ties to sit in. I bought the 3 tracker set so I have 1 dedicated to my Mavic, 1 dedicated to my Yuneec Typhoon, and an extra for whatever else I need one for.

FYI: Trackimo is >3X heavier than Marco Polo [12g vs 40g]... And, Trackimo has a $60/year fee - Marco Polo = No Fees. And, Trackimo needs cellular service to work - Marco Polo doesn't use cellular service to work... I guess if I didn't mind the $60/year service fee, I'd be interested... To each his own :)

This entire statement is incorrect.

Who told you trackimo is 60$ a year? Cuz it is only 5$ and first year is free.

Its the best stand alone tracker for the price period no debate :p

Marco Polo is nice if u can afford it but still its only a 2ndary tracker like the tile but with more range in my opinion. Cuz marco polo range is less than half the max range of mavic... ide like to use all 3 tho haha

If all you use is marco polo u got to admit there is some risk of ur drone getting out of range. Also What if someone picks it up and starts walking off with it before u get there etc etc

Reactions: greymonkey
How about something like this??
1869f57eb5293c918aed30fe7765f2ca.jpg
1a835beab376fbd621b03bcaa9bca2c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: RallySoob
I bet u can shed weight off the trackimo and make it look alot like the marcopolo transmitter, lose the shell with shrink wrap around its chip board etc. maybe?

I tried to throw it off and couldn't

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Do you use the latest version of the trackimo app ?

I just learned the latest update has some bugs so i was curious. It seems users think its best to keep the app at pre 12/6/16 firmware ...

Mine is still pending activation cuz the battery is on its first 12hr charge...jus opend it
b2055e620a6c79b7d8b574fa23236fe5.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS