DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Martian Landscape, Utah Desert Adventure

Karlewski

Reactions
Another unique hike/climb near Hanksville Utah with my Daughter for Spring break. The Stark Lifeless Landscape with Gargoyle like towers all over gave this adventure an intimidating feeling. By the time we reached to top the spectacular views had us mesmerized. . .

Another unique hike/climb near Hanksville Utah with my Daughter for Spring break. The Stark Lifeless Landscape with Gargoyle like towers all over gave this adventure an intimidating feeling. By the time we reached to top the spectacular views had us mesmerized. . .
Fabulous!

Nice hiking and video! Parts of it really do look like Mars. In fact, the Mars Desert Research Station, where scientists simulate living on Mars, is just across 24 from where you were. I photographed them a couple of years ago.th-0449-d.jpg

Superb video of incredible landscapes! Thanks for sharing.

Hi buddy Karl,
it´s simply insane this desert, I have never seen such an unreal landscape! I am very fascinated by the bizarre rock formations. I did not know that you have such a cute daughter, and it seems that she loves it to discover this fantastic area! with her father! The river crossing was fun and bravo, you both made it! 😉👍
Thanks for the very interesting and very entertaining video Karl and Samantha!
cheers Paul

Incredibly well done video incorporated still shots with drone footage, well narrated and enhanced graphics (wish I could do that). Overall, super video!!

One of your best ever Karl. You should be proud of your daughter too. Loved the geology of the moonscapes. My climbing days are over (although I just returned from a long flat trail in Petra Jordan) so I will have to enjoy it vicariously through younger eyes and younger legs. As always, spectacular compositions photography superb, scenery spectacular.

Dale
Miami

Karl, did you take still pics of the marine shale erosional hills with the mesa and clouds in the background? If so, would you be willing to sell an image to me for presentation to my geology seminar?
Thanks.

Once again, big thank you to my drone brothers and videographers All! Noladg, that was a classic dronie with some extra special sauce. The clip was played in reverse to get the perfect framing finish I actually set upon launching before the big back out. Then, playing the clip in reverse, starting when the drone was far away, I had the frame edited to slowly zoom in as the drone approached us making it seem like the drone was coming in even faster that it was. Then, as the frame had us nicely composed I abruptly stopped the zooming in and did a fast zoom out so we, the subjects, basically remained static while the dolly zoom effect revealed the cool background, the zoom out went from about 200% zoomed in to the basic, native, wide angle drone shot. That one did come out nice, thank you for noticing!
I am so excited my daughter Samantha, sophomore at school of Mine, is an avid athlete, enjoys adventures with me and actually requested me to coach her and her boyfriend rock climbing in the gym. Finally, we share an interest! She’s a big swimmer cross trainer. . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki