DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mastershots - are these useful?

Coskier

Reactions
I don't recall Mastershots being part of the M2P, so I am trying to figure out how useful this feature actually is. I tested it this weekend, and in looking at the resulting video, it looks like all of the different shots are in one clip with nothing indicating when it goes from shooting one style to the next. So I am wondering if any of you use this for anything practical? If so, how do you identify where one mode ends and the next starts (from Drone to Circle for example)?

Thank you.

I believe the shots are assembled by the Fly App.
If so, You could use them as part of a larger set of footage with Manual shots interspersed with these. I Have Air 2, not 2S, so this is my first exposure to them.(little photo pun there) 😅

If its only saved as a single file, selecting the "wand" with a star on the end will show ot in real time, at least, with no editing, speed changes etc. simular to the very quickshots can be played back without the template of music, cuts transitions and such if you tap thevwand icon.

Hope that helps a little. My bigger concern is what I saw on a few videos with the drone yawing back and forth rapidly- obviously a bug, and something that renders the footage unusable.

Here's a good run down of Mastershots on Air 2S. They do not appear to be notably different on Mavic 3.

They are a bit pointless to be fair, just my opinion! it takes about two mins to construct a video with the drone moving about capturing as it goes. If you just wanted a an up and turn on your subject it has to do the whole thing. Then in post you cut out everything to get your shot.

Better to practice the shots it gives you manually then you can choose the shooting parameters you require.

I tested mastershots and then filed it in, 'interesting but meh'.

Spend your time doing these things manually and you will be a better pilot and, more to the point, your shots will be unique!

I’d like to try it, also only have M2P.

but can you select another subject, like say you see a bridge 50 feet from you.

can you select the bridge and have it do its thing?

I’d like to try it, also only have M2P.

but can you select another subject, like say you see a bridge 50 feet from you.

can you select the bridge and have it do its thing?
7:47 in that video ;)

They are a bit pointless to be fair, just my opinion! it takes about two mins to construct a video with the drone moving about capturing as it goes. If you just wanted a an up and turn on your subject it has to do the whole thing. Then in post you cut out everything to get your shot.

Better to practice the shots it gives you manually then you can choose the shooting parameters you require.

Spend your time doing these things manually and you will be a better pilot and, more to the point, your shots will be unique!
Kind of what I was thinking too. Thank you.

I believe the shots are assembled by the Fly App.
If so, You could use them as part of a larger set of footage with Manual shots interspersed with these. I Have Air 2, not 2S, so this is my first exposure to them.(little photo pun there) 😅

If its only saved as a single file, selecting the "wand" with a star on the end will show ot in real time, at least, with no editing, speed changes etc. simular to the very quickshots can be played back without the template of music, cuts transitions and such if you tap thevwand icon.
I was thinking off editing the raw file that gets saved on the memory card, in LumaFusion on my iPad (where I do most of my video editing now).

For my flying I have no need for mastershots ,would never use it anyway,But to some people its usefull,just
does not trip my trigger.

While he said it rather quickly it seems that Dlog wasn’t supported for Mastershots on M2S. Is that also the case for the M3?

I think its a quick way to get some B roll film to use when editing your cuts. May not be everyone's cup of tea but let it do its thing for 2 mins and you have it without thinking too much about it. I imagine that's what it is used for the most.

Reactions: Steve56303
Are these always the same mix of moves? It would so much better if you could pick the move you want.

I probably would only want this for one specific move which is hard on the small RC Pro sticks. I call it the altitude POI. It requires roll, yaw, throttle and tilt all to be done smoothly while keeping the subject centered in the frame.

e.g. at 15s in my little M3C low-light test:

Are these always the same mix of moves? It would so much better if you could pick the move you want.

I probably would only want this for one specific move
Sadly, yes. I agree, would be better if I could pick the move. Seems like a feature the Air 2 crowd loved, but I don't get it.

I probably would only want this for one specific move which is hard on the small RC Pro sticks. I call it the altitude POI. It requires roll, yaw, throttle and tilt all to be done smoothly while keeping the subject centered in the frame.

e.g. at 15s in my little M3C low-light test:

no issues flying what appears to be near downtown LA around sunset or sunrise?

no issues flying what appears to be near downtown LA around sunset or sunrise?

I assume you mean in terms of the M3C obstacle avoidance. Nothing yet. The new firmware seems to get rid of some of the awkward behavior I saw prior.

I assume you mean in terms of the M3C obstacle avoidance. Nothing yet. The new firmware seems to get rid of some of the awkward behavior I saw prior.
No I mean in terms of being in the center of a huge city, with a bit international airport nearby and probably all kinds of helicopter activity.

probably local ordinances as well.

No I mean in terms of being in the center of a huge city, with a bit international airport nearby and probably all kinds of helicopter activity.

probably local ordinances as well.

It's my job to fly drones in Los Angeles. And other big cities.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito