DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Mastershots test

Your master shot experience was very different from mine. I just got a new m3P and will have to test it again. I envy the stunning scenery. Music was just right - very well done!

Reactions: Bernard
Your master shot experience was very different from mine. I just got a new m3P and will have to test it again. I envy the stunning scenery. Music was just right - very well done!
Actually, I edited the video: I cut some scenes (view down...) from the mastershots, shortened others and added normal 4k views... I'm sure you will soon have very nice videos!

The best shot is the reveal at 2 mins 50 secs. But I’m guessing that wasn’t part of the Master shots?
No, this shot wasn't part of the master shot... :)

No, this shot wasn't part of the master shot... :)
It was a great shot Bernard.

In my view, DJI Master Shots do not apply the art of videography. They ignore video composition, layers (using foreground and background elements to create depth), lighting, rule of thirds, leading lines, reveals, other special moments (eg when a flock of birds is flying past) etc. The result is an average (at best) video which has some variety to it.

That said, I still think Master shots are a fantastic idea. Namely because a lot of beginner videographers are ignoring all of the above elements AND filming with no variety. In this case, Master Shots would add variety to their video and improve it from terrible to average. That’s a big improvement and I’m sure these people (regular people) are loving Master Shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bernard
I agree with you about
It was a great shot Bernard.

In my view, DJI Master Shots do not apply the art of videography. They ignore video composition, layers (using foreground and background elements to create depth), lighting, rule of thirds, leading lines, reveals, other special moments (eg when a flock of birds is flying past) etc. The result is an average (at best) video which has some variety to it.

That said, I still think Master shots are a fantastic idea. Namely because a lot of beginner videographers are ignoring all of the above elements AND filming with no variety. In this case, Master Shots would add variety to their video and improve it from terrible to average. That’s a big improvement and I’m sure these people (regular people) are loving Master Shots.
I agree with most of your points. Publishing the raw mastershots without editing them can indeed be very disappointing. But the mastershots allow you to discover some very interesting effects, especially when you are not a very experienced videographer... which is my case! :)

Reactions: TerryToast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paquo