DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro for surveying and mapping

Deepwater

Reactions
Is there a specific app that stands out and that the community recommends used with the iPhone X when using the Mavic 2 Pro for surveying and mapping a property? I have looked at the DroneDeploy app, which allows a preflight survey grid to be set up. Would like to know what options I have from a map/survey quality and a flight safety point of view.
Thanks

A lot of others use Litchi for mapping flight control, but Drone Deploy controls flights and makes maps too.

Is there a specific app that stands out and that the community recommends used with the iPhone X when using the Mavic 2 Pro for surveying and mapping a property? I have looked at the DroneDeploy app, which allows a preflight survey grid to be set up. Would like to know what options I have from a map/survey quality and a flight safety point of view.
Litchi is not a mapping app.
DroneDeploy is very good and probably the most popular for professional drone mapping.
There are a bunch of others as well.

At the moment the Mavic 2 is only supported on iOS devices with Drone Deploy.

Litchi is not a mapping app.
DroneDeploy is very good and probably the most popular for professional drone mapping.
There are a bunch of others as well.

At the moment the Mavic 2 is only supported on iOS devices with Drone Deploy.

I meant Litchi controls flights for mapping- the camera trigger and flight controls for mapping.

I meant Litchi controls flights for mapping- the camera trigger and flight controls for mapping.
I've heard of someone using it that way but it sounds too clumsy and complicated when there are free mapping apps that privide the complete solution.

Reactions: AMann
Use DJI's new GSPro 2. (Ipad only)

That's a good piece of software and supports Mavic 2 P/Z.

Reactions: AMann
I do not believe it supports Mavic 2 Pro?

Map Pilot supports:

Compatible with iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, and iOS 11.

Supported Aircraft:
Inspire 2 w/X4S and X5S
Phantom 4 Pro
Phantom 4 Advanced
Phantom 4
Mavic Pro
Mavic 2 Pro
Mavic 2 Zoom

Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Advanced
Phantom 3 Standard
Inspire 1
Inspire 1 Pro
Matrice M100
Matrice M200
Matrice M210
Matrice M600

No Ronin support is available.

Note: The Map Pilot for Business is currently not supporting M2 P/Z, They are releasing it later on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147