Mavic 2 Pro is now RID compliant

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
A new firmware update was just released to add RID support to the Mavic 2 Pro. See more details in the release notes here.

Interesting that the first note mentions that the aircraft cannot be used if the app itself isn’t updated to whatever it lists. I’m pretty sure I’m on an older app firmware.
I should probably update the aircraft first to verify what is listed in their notes.

Interesting that the first note mentions that the aircraft cannot be used if the app itself isn’t updated to whatever it lists. I’m pretty sure I’m on an older app firmware.
I should probably update the aircraft first to verify what is listed in their notes.
I have just updated all three (app, controller and aircraft). Went smooth and everything operates as expected. Good job DJI !

Reactions: Starz and msinger
The notes also say not to update your firmware if you are using the GS Pro app. This is used for mapping missions. It pays to read the notes BEFORE taking action.

I have just updated all three (app, controller and aircraft). Went smooth and everything operates as expected. Good job DJI !
How?
Not to sound stupid, but if the shoe fits.....

I updated the M2P yesterday using my Galaxy A7 Tab tethered to the remote. All seems good with the drone. How do I updated the controller and app?

I tried to fly today and got an Error 180, saying to contact DJI.

I updated
A bit confusing or maybe I should put the shoe on.
You mentioned that you updated the aircraft and the remote. Then you ask “how do I update the controller and the app”. Is not the remote and the controller the same piece?
Were you connected to a WiFi source when all this was going on.
I’m wanting to make sure I don’t have a similar issue,
Thanks in advance.

A bit confusing or maybe I should put the shoe on.
You mentioned that you updated the aircraft and the remote. Then you ask “how do I update the controller and the app”. Is not the remote and the controller the same piece?
Were you connected to a WiFi source when all this was going on.
I’m wanting to make sure I don’t have a similar issue,
Thanks in advance.
The problem was the app installed on my Galaxy tablet. I finally figured out how to update that and all seems fine now.

Reactions: Starz
I installed it last night and flew today. It seems to fly great the same as usual, but check your RTH and other settings because several are set to very low numbers. The flight modes were off and needed to be enabled again as well. I have no idea it the RID is working, but it's in the settings and is enabled by default.

Reactions: Redbird1000
check your RTH and other settings because several are set to very low numbers
Yep, those settings are always reset when installing new firmware.

Anyone using the Smart Controller with this update ? I'm thinking it should . I haven't Updated yet
I updated and flew it yesterday and it works great on the smart controller. I have no no idea if the RID is working, but it is enabled by default in the settings and there's an RID serial number listed now. So as far as I'm concerned, all is good 👍

You can tell if RID is working by using a cell phone with the "Drone Scanner" app. Launch your RID compliant drone and then open the Drone Scanner app on another cell phone located near by and you should be able to see the info your drone is transmitting.

Another way to tell if RID is working, you can turn wifi "on" using you cell phone, then refresh the available networks and you will see one "RID ###########", you can turn your controller and drone off to see if that network disappears. Sometimes there's a slight lag between showing the RID and the "RID" dropping off.

You can tell if RID is working by using a cell phone with the "Drone Scanner" app. Launch your RID compliant drone and then open the Drone Scanner app on another cell phone located near by and you should be able to see the info your drone is transmitting.
I'll give it a try today, thanks 😊

How?
Not to sound stupid, but if the shoe fits.....

I updated the M2P yesterday using my Galaxy A7 Tab tethered to the remote. All seems good with the drone. How do I updated the controller and app?

I tried to fly today and got an Error 180, saying to contact DJI.
I had the same thing, had to update the app to 4.3.60. worked fine after that.

I've tried Drone Scanner... 0 Drones in area. Also, attempted the Wi-Fi idea above, no network shown as described. Also, cannot find RID settings in the Go 4 app. Where should I be looking after I finally got all the items updated to the appropriate versions? RID is the only reason I upgraded!

Reactions: Bookman367
I use an app called Drone Scanner and it works, just really slow at detecting and updating, I could never get OpenDroneID to work. I have also experienced that iOS devices do not work at all right now, with any apps. I have heard that the type of Wifi signal that comes out of the Remote ID system is not compatible with the iPhone devices used by Apple. How much truth there is to that, I am not sure of. I believe I saw it mentioned in a video by Pilot Institute

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1