DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro question

Hello everyone,
Im thinking about buying a used Mavic 2 pro with a smart controller. I love the photos this drone produces, and wanted to know if it is reasonably fun to fly.
I know the m2p is old tech, but I’m just wondering how much of a difference there is with the responsiveness & handling between this drone and a newer one.
If there is, I’ll probably save up for a mavic 3.
Thank you
I can't comment add much to the opinions here but I'm an avid photographer using interchangeable lens cameras over the years and am very happy with the images the Mavic 2 Pro captures.I've made 20x30 prints that hold up well.Low light/night photos at 1 second or up to 3 seconds are usually very good.As to the fun aspect,anytime I've been out with it for a couple of hours and don't crash it,I had fun😜

The M2P is still a great drone. If money is tight and you can find a good deal, especially with an SC, then go for it. You won't be disappointed, but, try and buy as many batteries as you can because they are like hens teeth. (very rare).
My personal experience is that the M2P batteries are NOT rare (at least in the U.S.). I have at least 6 batteries for my M2P currently, of which 3 were purchased in the last 6 months. I had no more problem purchasing the newest batteries than purchasing a dozen cans of tennis balls.

My personal experience is that the M2P batteries are NOT rare (at least in the U.S.). I have at least 6 batteries for my M2P currently, of which 3 were purchased in the last 6 months. I had no more problem purchasing the newest batteries than purchasing a dozen cans of tennis balls.
Thank you for that info FP. Now I'm intrigued as to why you would need a Dozen cans of tennis balls. :D

Love my M2P. I also have the Mimi 3 Pro, mostly for traveling, and always use the Mavic 2 for flights where I want control over the image settings.

It may be an older model but still a great drone.
I also have a Mini 3Pro, but feel like I’ve never used all of the capabilities of my M2P. I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom to add to it (and to get more batteries).

Thank you for that info FP. Now I'm intrigued as to why you would need a Dozen cans of tennis balls. :D
I’m an avid tennis player and my tennis basket holds 75 tennis balls for serving practice in particular. I actually buy tennis balls by the case (2 dozen cans). Glad you asked! Fly safely (and keep your eye on the ball in case you play tennis).

• Haha
Reactions: KaiCor and Yogi053
If you buy a M2 Pro it might be a good idea to purchase a few batteries right away, because they will eventually be harder to get as years go by. With good care the batteries will last many years. I have 3 batteries from 2018, they still work as new.
What do you mean by good care?
I don't mind spare batteries. Do you think that if a battery is not used for 2-3 years, it won't go bad?

I’m an avid tennis player and my tennis basket holds 75 tennis balls for serving practice in particular. I actually buy tennis balls by the case (2 dozen cans). Glad you asked! Fly safely (and keep your eye on the ball in case you play tennis).
Do they spoil so quickly or do you lose them? My friend plays tennis too and he doesn't have many balls :)

What do you mean by good care?
I don't mind spare batteries. Do you think that if a battery is not used for 2-3 years, it won't go bad?

For long time storage the batteries must have a 50-60% charge. But every third month you should fully charge them, then discharge them to 15-20%, and then charge them up to 50-60 again for further storage.
The worst you can do is store them for a long time at low charge. They will eventually completely discharge and may be impossible to bring back to life.
When you purchase a new battery it is in hibernation mode, and can be stored for a long time (a year or two). The production date of the battery is labeled on the box.

For long time storage the batteries must have a 50-60% charge. But every third month you should fully charge them, then discharge them to 15-20%, and then charge them up to 50-60 again for further storage.
The worst you can do is store them for a long time at low charge. They will eventually completely discharge and may be impossible to bring back to life.
When you purchase a new battery it is in hibernation mode, and can be stored for a long time (a year or two). The production date of the battery is labeled on the box.
Hmm, I have a battery that has been 100% charged for over half a year now. Do you think I should discharge it to 50-60%? I don't use it, it's just lying there charged.

Hmm, I have a battery that has been 100% charged for over half a year now. Do you think I should discharge it to 50-60%? I don't use it, it's just lying there charged.
Probably not necessary now... that battery have already been auto discharged nearly 6 month ago, but it doesn't hurt if you fully charge it & fly it down to 50-60% (or just rely on the auto discharge again...).

The Mavic 2 user manual page 34...

1708346434803.png

Probably not necessary now... that battery have already been auto discharged nearly 6 month ago, but it doesn't hurt if you fully charge it & fly it down to 50-60% (or just rely on the auto discharge again...).

The Mavic 2 user manual page 34...

View attachment 172745
I think more recently they’ve shortened the time to discharge. I noticed on some batteries I charged the other day - from a used drone I purchased - that the discharge was set to 2 days. I think that I also saw that on my own (purchased new) batteries.

I love the Mavic 2 Pro because it is possible to program a
complete flight with the Litchi app at home and using google earth
to check that it is not going to crash into anything.
The Mavic 2 pro also continues the flight even when the signal is lost from the controller,
unlike the newer drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1