DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classic Does Not Turn On

jonbelize

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my drone, I did a flight yesterday and everything was normal until I landed. I noticed the RC lost connection, but I thought nothing of it as I was finished flying. I placed the drone in its case and put it to charge.

Fast forward to this morning that I'm trying to turn it on with a fully charged battery, (Press and hold power button) nothing happens. The battery lights show that it's fully charged, but the drone doesn't light up, move the propellers, play the boot-up sound, connect to the RC, nor connect to DJI Assistant. However, I can hear and see the camera moving, it does this repeatedly.

See YouTube video of me trying to turn it on and the camera moving:

I contacted DJI and they recommend sending the drone to their team for repair, but I live in Central America and they don't accept international shipping. This is really frustrating, especially since this expensive drone is less than a month old and DJI wont accept my shipment. 🤦‍♂️

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Please let me know. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated. 🙏

- Jon

@jonbelize any reason why you still have it plugged into the charging brick have you tried it without the charger attached

Reactions: jonbelize
@jonbelize any reason why you still have it plugged into the charging brick have you tried it without the charger attached
Thank you for your response.

When I contacted DJI, they wanted to see if the drone could be powered on while connected to the charger so I took a video for them.

When posting this thread, I re-used the same video to show the issue.

Yeah, I tried without the charger connected, but it still doesn't want to turn on.

Last edited:
@jonbelize ,have you checked the battery connections ,both on the battery itself ,and also in the drone could be one of them is damaged so the drone is not responding to the battery being turned on

I never recommend charging batteries on the drone. The drone pull 100W 19.5@5A by the USB-C, more than the charger 65W. This create much heat inside the drone internals. Even when is built for this, the heat will create degradation on electronic components over the time by nature. If you can charge the batteries outside the drone.

Also turn on the drone on the ground for a long period without flying will overheat the drone as well. I turn on my drone only to fly, updates etc.. If you want to play with the camera and settings put a fan to the drone or just hover while do it. Is better for the drone.

Last edited:
I never recommend charging batteries on the drone. The drone pull 100W 19.5@5A from by the USB-C more than the charger 65W. This create much heat inside the drone internals. Even when is built for this, the heat will create degradation the electronic components over the time by nature. If you can charge the batteries outside the drone.

Also turn on the drone on the ground for a long period without flying will overheat the drone as well. I turn on my drone only to fly, updates etc.. If you want to play with the camera and settings put a fan to the drone or just hover while do it. Is better for the drone.
Hi Zeus,

Thanks for your response.

This drone and battery is basically new, less than a month old. Last time I checked the battery had 7 charge cycles and 45 hours flight time. Is it really possible for the components to go bad that fast?

If this is the case, DJI's build quality has to be really bad!

@jonbelize ,have you checked the battery connections ,both on the battery itself ,and also in the drone could be one of them is damaged so the drone is not responding to the battery being turned on

I tried cleaning it with an air gun. The battery compartment and pins on the battery are spotless and clean. Still doesn't work...

I think the firmware might be corrupt or something. I can't even reinstall firmware because it won't connect to my controller.

I tried cleaning it with an air gun. The battery compartment and pins on the battery are spotless and clean. Still doesn't work...

I think the firmware might be corrupt or something. I can't even reinstall firmware because it won't connect to my controller.
A new drone should have connections problems (in theory). Have you tried connecting the drone to a computer by USB-C and open DJI Assistant 2 for consumer drones and reload the firmware? See if the drone is detected? if this still does not work, i will not think this twice and send the drone to DJI. This is not normal. DJI will take care about the drone.

A new drone should have connections problems (in theory). Have you tried connecting the drone to a computer by USB-C and open DJI Assistant 2 for consumer drones and reload the firmware? See if the drone is detected? if this still does not work, i will not think this twice and send the drone to DJI. This is not normal. DJI will take care about the drone.
I tried connecting it to DJI Assistant 2 but it doesn't detect it any at all. I've tried different wires and a different computer, still nothing...

Ive contacted DJI and they basically told me to F*** off because I'm located in Central America. They don't accept international shipping.

It's basically a $1750 brick now.

3 batteries are not going to be wrong. Most to be the main board.
I tried connecting it to DJI Assistant 2 but it doesn't detect it any at all. I've tried different wires and a different computer, still nothing...

Ive contacted DJI and they basically told me to F*** off because I'm located in Central America. They don't accept international shipping.

It's basically a $1750 brick now.
Try to get in contact with Hatu Smith, he is in Colombia but very well connected with DJI Central America. https://www.youtube.com/@HamintonSmith

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas