DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 classic: Spotlight Mode

yankfanp

Reactions
I have had my Mavic 3 classic for two batteries of flights. The only issue so far is my inability to engage the spotlight mode? I did not have trouble with POI. Any recommendations?

This video shows how Spotlight mode should function:

What happened when you tried it?
Thanks for replying! Well, I would circle the area with my finger normally but once I pressed the spotlight button, the area that I drew out would just disappear. Tried several times, POI worked fine, did not try active track?

I have had my Mavic 3 classic for two batteries of flights. The only issue so far is my inability to engage the spotlight mode? I did not have trouble with POI. Any recommendations?
I have the same problem, so I am interested!

Have u tried it with a basic subject like yourself or a boat or automobile. (the manual does mention these which might mean its got some basic identification intelligence). Maybe it has a harder time with say a leafless tree or a scraggly little puppy.

Have u tried it with a basic subject like yourself or a boat or automobile. (the manual does mention these which might mean its got some basic identification intelligence). Maybe it has a harder time with say a leafless tree or a scraggly little puppy.
Thank You! I am just getting ready to go out and try again!

Make sure you select 4K 30p or 24p, it doesn't work with 5K

Any idea what resolved your issue?

I think good contrast on the subject and minimal objects around the subject so the subject stands out helps.

Reactions: msinger
I think good contrast on the subject and minimal objects around the subject so the subject stands out helps.
For sure! DJI Fly has to be able to clearly "see" the target object.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny