DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 HLG Footage

You're really got the colors to pop in the flat lighting of that fog!

Went on a road trip from Colorado to Washington then down the coast to southern CA.

This is some video I shot in HLG right inside Astoria, OR.
I still can't make up my mind between HLG and DLog....

I shot some HLG footage with the Mavic 3 this summer and while it was fantastic when viewed on devices that support HDR, I had issues exporting the video to platforms that do not support Rec 2100 (instagram mainly). There are some options in premiere pro, like SDR conform but the resulting image is bad and there seem to be issues with the colors. I'm not sure what can be done about this. Preparing the footage for platforms that do support HDR is easy though (youtube). Editing in premiere pro is done natively in rec 2100 and the results are great. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Went on a road trip from Colorado to Washington then down the coast to southern CA.

I find d-log surprisingly good, but I still prefer HLG as I did on the M2Pro. The bonus is that you will "future-proof" your footage for HDR television and in my case that is good for my licensing business also, as many of the streamers and broadcasters will only accept HDR format soon.

I shot some HLG footage with the Mavic 3 this summer and while it was fantastic when viewed on devices that support HDR, I had issues exporting the video to platforms that do not support Rec 2100 (instagram mainly). There are some options in premiere pro, like SDR conform but the resulting image is bad and there seem to be issues with the colors. I'm not sure what can be done about this. Preparing the footage for platforms that do support HDR is easy though (youtube). Editing in premiere pro is done natively in rec 2100 and the results are great. Any help on this would be appreciated.
HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) was actually developed by BBC and NHK to work around this very issue. It is future proofed with the higher Rec numbers BUT will also grade in good-old Rec 709. I don't grade any of my material in Rec 2100 or Rec 2020 etc. for online. If I eventually get an HDR TV or my clients want to do that that's fine, but for now I'm on 709.

great job

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf