DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro and using an iPad with the controller

RonanCork

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on upgrading my Air2S to the Mavic 3 Pro

Currently for myAir2S I use the original controller - not any "smart" type controller. I use a mavmount bracket with IPad attached - as I like the larger screen!.

Does the Mavic 3 Pro support the original controller ? If it only supports the new RC - Is it possible to get a bracket to use the iPad

Understand I might end up using the RC screen but was curious.

Thanks Ronan.

Yes DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller will work with Mavic 3 Pro.

I use the original controller - not any "smart" type controller.
That's the Best controller too have IMO. love my RC-N1's
All of the Screened controllers except the pro are not given the ability to fly from external monitors. ( BUT surprise It will be an Amazing feature of the RC2-Pro)

So - just to clarify - the local company I'm buying the drone from are only selling this option with the RC (i.e. not the RC-N1, i.e. the controller with no screen)
I will likely end up using the RC screen but was wondering can an attached IPad be used? - as I really like the larger viewing area
Thanks ! - Ro

So - just to clarify - the local company I'm buying the drone from are only selling this option with the RC (i.e. not the RC-N1, i.e. the controller with no screen)
I will likely end up using the RC screen but was wondering can an attached IPad be used? - as I really like the larger viewing area
Thanks ! - Ro
It is possible, but not very practical. If you are already familiar with the RC-N1 use with an attached iPad, and don't miss the extra buttons and scroll wheel on the RC and RC Pro, stick with the RC-N1. The iOS Fly maps are far superior to the inferior, low resolution Android maps on the RC and RC Pro, which is especially useful for planning Waypoint missions! Attaching an iPad to the RC with special cabling and mounts only mirrors the RC screen, and there is no option to output a telemetry free screen on the iPad.

It is possible, but not very practical. If you are already familiar with the RC-N1 use with an attached iPad, and don't miss the extra buttons and scroll wheel on the RC and RC Pro, stick with the RC-N1. The iOS Fly maps are far superior to the inferior, low resolution Android maps on the RC and RC Pro, which is especially useful for planning Waypoint missions! Attaching an iPad to the RC with special cabling and mounts only mirrors the RC screen, and there is no option to output a telemetry free screen on the iPad.
Thanks for the details.
Yeah ideally I'd prefer to with the RC-N1 (which I've a Mavmount bracket and iPad to attach). But for some reason the company I'm buying it from are only selling it with the RC and not the RC-N1 :--(
Good to know it can be done. What do you mean when you say "there is no option to output a telemetry free screen on the iPad". I guess as long as the IPad mirrors the RC screen that's fine for me
Thanks!

Thanks for the details.
Yeah ideally I'd prefer to with the RC-N1 (which I've a Mavmount bracket and iPad to attach). But for some reason the company I'm buying it from are only selling it with the RC and not the RC-N1 :--(
Good to know it can be done. What do you mean when you say "there is no option to output a telemetry free screen on the iPad". I guess as long as the IPad mirrors the RC screen that's fine for me
Thanks!
The Mini HDMI out port on the RC Pro supports a mirrored RC Pro screen or one without any of the telemetry, depending upon how the RC Pro mini HDMI port is configured. The RC USB C connection to an iPad with the converter only supports mirroring the RC screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne