DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Aerial and RC Boost

So after all of your testing in your opinion I live in a wide open range area in Texas, I've been out reaching 5.7 miles and still had good signal, if I wanted to add the whip antennae to my Mavic controller, what do I need to know to get the right signal? Or what antennae do I need???

I've hit over 10 miles with stock controller and 1.5W boost mode. Others have done it with stock controller and FCC power levels. Depends on where you fly.

Sorry I call BS, 4.5 miles best conditions FCC, anything more will be 1.5w or more, I think 6 mile cap for 1.5w, above 6 mile its going to of been amped

@HalloweenHamster,

Have you had a chance to do a test of your titan setup yet? Just wondering how much improvement you are getting. Also can you advise if the unit is removed from the modified RC is it possible to fit non boosted antenna like 6db gain to the modified connectors? Are they what are referred to as the T connectors in the titan specifications?

The t part is to mount the Atlas onto the RC, the connectors are standard qma connectors, you can get adapters from electronics stores to use different aerials

The whips have sma - qma adapters so you could use the to test and buy more if you wish to quick swap in future

In front of my house its gone from 600m to 1400m, I'm on ce power 0.09w, if I can up to FCC then I'll get more distance both amped and unamped, some reason on both phones I've tried it won't change to FCC or boost hence why I bought the Atlas

tried dual controller but when I turned on Atlas the 2nd RC dropped out, tried again in the house it was ok, will try another test in a few days if weather is good

Not tried just the whips yet

Last edited:
Reactions: angusc
I just spent today on and off reading the mega thread on boosted systems and I'm a bit confused as at the beginning of that thread they were singing praises for separate boosters and CP "boob" antenna but then in the last 100 pages they seem to have changed to the favor of the Maxx Ellie system.......what did you make of all that and why you went with the titan system?

Also send to be some concern if you turn on the RC before the booster......is that a problem with the titan setup?

tried dual controller but when I turned on Atlas the 2nd RC dropped out, tried again in the house it was ok, will try another test in a few days if weather is good

Not tried just the whips yet

I thought that you have to connect the primary controller and only then start the secondary controller when using dual controllers?

I had to relink both controllers so I turn the primary off before linking secondary and then turned the primary back on
Try different turn on sequences and rebooting RC's multiple times and Mavic multiple times

but both connected straight away when I got it home

The opening said he bought the Titan ATLAS. This is an omni direction antenna boost for urban and areas with lots of trees, not for long distance. I believe most of the posts have to deal with their other antennas which are directiinal.

Ah yes but at what altitude?
Altitude has nothing to do with it unless you're over EM pollution area. I ve been out over 45000', 30m AGL at distance (which was 2m above homepoint).

I just spent today on and off reading the mega thread on boosted systems and I'm a bit confused as at the beginning of that thread they were singing praises for separate boosters and CP "boob" antenna but then in the last 100 pages they seem to have changed to the favor of the Maxx Ellie system.......what did you make of all that and why you went with the titan system?
Also send to be some concern if you turn on the RC before the booster......is that a problem with the titan setup?

Just checking in on this thread. You will get so many different field and tech opinions as there are members here. Some try to sell, others try to educate, all try to help.
I just say: go out there and test it for real, not on paper. For me the dual 3W sunhans boosters have been the kindest. Together with Nanosync there seems no limit and I DO see difference between using a single or double booster on the remote. 1.5w does work but was not able to push it to limits. If @CyberNate says it works it works. I also do not live in an optimal environment. Also flown the Mav over open water and I sure as hell can tell you there is a HUGE difference in signal performance.
The problem with signal is: You can use as much theory as you like, but the location and all the statics and variables will mess that right up.
DJI advertised for CE: 4km in IDEAL conditions. Well, many have pushed it beyond that in lesser conditions. Dudes here pushed it to leaderboard distances totally FCC. Just saying.

edit: hell is where Lucifer resides. For some reason hell is C-ed.. a lovely place this time of year.

Reactions: angusc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23