DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 1 won't connect at all

JoeColorado

Reactions
I believe my old Mavic Air turned into a paper weight, unless someone, but I still hope that someone has an idea how to revive it:

1. A year ago, during vacation I could not get it to pair with the phone. I believe to remember that there was an error message, explaining that the Mavic Air was not in the home network
  2. Later at home I still could not get it to pair with the phone again and it was ageing unused in the shelf . I now tried to reactivate it but without success.
  • Connecting with the remote leads to no result when scanning the Wifi SSID QR code. Nothing happens. No wifi connection has been established
  • Connecting manually to the Wifi is not working either. The Wifi is not found. When using an old phone that had the SSID in the Wifi list, the Mavic_Air wifi is listed as "not in range" even when the connecting phone lies right next to it
  • Resetting the Wifi on the Mavic Air (6 sec button press) is doing nothing
  • I tried different Android phones - no success
  • I connected the Mavid with DJI Assistant on the PC and performed a factory reset. But the Wifi is not seen on the PC.
Is there still a chance to revive it or do I have an expensive paper weight?

Thanks

Joe

Why aren't you using a cable to connect the remote control to your phone instead of WiFi?

Reactions: hiflyer201
Why aren't you using a cable to connect the remote control to your phone instead of WiFi?
Just to confirm what I did and tried:
Connecting through the RC: the RC is detecting the aircraft. Linking with the aircraft times out (RC is right next to the bird)
Connecting through Wifi, scanning the QR for the Mavic_Air Wifi does not do anything.

I believe my old Mavic Air turned into a paper weight, unless someone, but I still hope that someone has an idea how to revive it:

1. A year ago, during vacation I could not get it to pair with the phone. I believe to remember that there was an error message, explaining that the Mavic Air was not in the home network
  2. Later at home I still could not get it to pair with the phone again and it was ageing unused in the shelf . I now tried to reactivate it but without success.
  • Connecting with the remote leads to no result when scanning the Wifi SSID QR code. Nothing happens. No wifi connection has been established
  • Connecting manually to the Wifi is not working either. The Wifi is not found. When using an old phone that had the SSID in the Wifi list, the Mavic_Air wifi is listed as "not in range" even when the connecting phone lies right next to it
  • Resetting the Wifi on the Mavic Air (6 sec button press) is doing nothing
  • I tried different Android phones - no success
  • I connected the Mavid with DJI Assistant on the PC and performed a factory reset. But the Wifi is not seen on the PC.
Is there still a chance to revive it or do I have an expensive paper weight?

Thanks

Joe
In the Mavic Air User Manual follow the instruction on page 39 for
-Linking the Remote Controller
or page 44 for
-Controlling the Aircraft with a Mobile Device

I tried all this with phone and remote controller and the drone does not connect, not is the WiFi SSID available (hidden and visible)

I tried all this with phone and remote controller and the drone does not connect, not is the WiFi SSID available (hidden and visible)
I have exactly the same issues with my MA1 since 2 weeks. The AC just does not emit any wifi-signal, no matter the updates, beep-codes, non working QR-code, etc.
The AC does connect to and is being recognized by DJI-assistant via wire connection.

How do you want to fly/control your Mavic Air?
1. Using the remote controller with a phone connected to the RC ?
or
2. Using a phone only (leaving the RC at home turned off) ?

In case of #1 follow the instructions on page 39 of the user manual.
(You don't need any WiFi and/or internet connection)

In case of #2 follow the instructions on page 44 of the user manual.
(You don't need any internet connection, the drone and RC create their own WiFi)

When it worked previously, I would use it either way.
I tried now both, case #1 and case #2. Neither works.

Not the RC nor the mobile device can see the AC.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89