DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2/Air 2S Comparison Sample Footage 4K

AtortPhotography

Reactions
This may not be fully done processing, but for those who are on the fence with the Air 2 upgrade to the Air 2S this may help. Honestly to me the Air 2 footage looks great too! Just low light and night flying is where the Air 2S is obviously going to shine and it does. Subscribe if you guys are on YouTube it helps! Aloha

Nice footage. How high is the Hancock building? Isn't it 1200 ft or so? Did you have any issues flying that high?
It is roughly 1000' up to the top of the building. Legally with your 107 you're good just have to do your best to maintain the VLOS thing which isn't easy at times. But where I launch I basically know I am not flying over traffic or people and can get some unique footage without a lot of risk. Transmission wise occusync 2.0 no real issues but can lose if trying to fly around the building for example which I wouldn't advise. I would move to another location to fly the other side. Air 2S 3.0 seems that much more solid and stable though.

Reactions: Severian
It is roughly 1000' up to the top of the building. Legally with your 107 you're good just have to do your best to maintain the VLOS thing which isn't easy at times. But where I launch I basically know I am not flying over traffic or people and can get some unique footage without a lot of risk. Transmission wise occusync 2.0 no real issues but can lose if trying to fly around the building for example which I wouldn't advise. I would move to another location to fly the other side. Air 2S 3.0 seems that much more solid and stable though.
Nice footage. I just hate driving into downtown Chicago as I hate traffic and detest Chicago parking after Daley sold off the streets where immediately LAZ arbitrarily doubled the street parking rates, canceled free Sundays and added pay-to-park in area that never had meters before. Sorry for the rant. However I have some missions planned as weather improves.

I'd think at 1000' you'd have to lay on your back or be way far away to watch your drone. And 1000' up isn't much different than 1000' out in terms of visibility. Did you use strobes on any of this other than the required night flights?

How would you be able to judge ocusync 2.0 vs 3.0? What brought you to the conclusion that 3 is more stable?

Nice footage. I just hate driving into downtown Chicago as I hate traffic and detest Chicago parking after Daley sold off the streets where immediately LAZ arbitrarily doubled the street parking rates, canceled free Sundays and added pay-to-park in area that never had meters before. Sorry for the rant. However I have some missions planned as weather improves.

I'd think at 1000' you'd have to lay on your back or be way far away to watch your drone. And 1000' up isn't much different than 1000' out in terms of visibility. Did you use strobes on any of this other than the required night flights?

How would you be able to judge ocusync 2.0 vs 3.0? What brought you to the conclusion that 3 is more stable?
Yeah I headed down in peak traffic to get some of these shots the other day when I got the 2S and was torture. 1000' up is honestly hard to keep an eye on so flights are brief and to the point. I have some Firehouse strobes now for the new night flying regulations in place so those will be in use always now. Just little things like flying around a building or something with the Air2S compared to the Air 2 the breakup almost didn't occur with the 3.0 it seemed. I hardly thoroughly tested, but from what I could tell it was rock solid and just even stronger than the 2.0. It just felt that way whether right or wrong, but obviously it should be better transmission with a more current version of it.

Wow, those are amazing. I can clearly see the difference on quality. The night shots with the 2S are incredible sharp. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark