DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 repair

Mr. J.B.

Reactions
I replaced the gimbal and camera on the mavic Air. 2. Now I've been getting the famous 40011 and 40021 error when I start up the software. Taking pictures seems to be fine and taking Videos , but the error messages get really annoying after sometime. I happen to find this guy on YouTube who calls himself DJI solutions and he offers a service of $35 to remotely log into my computer which can take up to 40 minutes and recalibrates my camera to the points that the error messages are gone. I know this sounds too good to be true and I've heard of many people getting scammed online by downloading the app called anydesk. Has anybody used the service and is happy with the outcome withouts their sensitive material disappearing off the computer? I appreciate your input.

Reactions: Cafguy
I suppose it could be done that way BUT I wouldn't try it on any machine of mine!!
If you want to do it yourself I can give you some guides.

Reactions: Mr. J.B.
I suppose it could be done that way BUT I wouldn't try it on any machine of mine!!
If you want to do it yourself I can give you some guides.
Hey Cafguy, thanks for reaching out. Guidance in trying it myself ? Is that possible without all the needed software. Thank you

Reactions: Cafguy
- DJI solutions can do it for you, I myself am a bit picky on who I give access to my computer. I have not heard of anyone being hacked by them. DJI solutions seems to have a good reputation. I have not used them but I see NO red flags.

Last edited:
- DJI solutions can do it for you, I myself am a bit picky on who I give access to my computer. I have not heard of anyone being hacked by them. DJI solutions seems to have a good reputation. I have not used them but I see NO red flags.
Thank you for the info. I'm gonna try to see if they are willing to sell me the software or maybe I am able to find it somewhere online. I'll have to do some more digging. The remote access situation makes me a little nervous cause you never know. I appreciate your input.

You can fix it yourself, but it's a rather complex process that requires a bit of computer knowledge.
This video explains how to do it:

You can fix it yourself, but it's a rather complex process that requires a bit of computer knowledge.
This video explains how to do it:
Thanks for posting the video. I've done all these steps in the past but I'm trying to get rid of the error messages which he wants able to do in the video. Thanks anyways.

DJI uses software called RepairTool to write id numbers. you can find " cloned" versions of the software.--It is by NO MEANS cheap! -Hence the remote repair market.

DJI uses software called RepairTool to write id numbers. you can find " cloned" versions of the software.--It is by NO MEANS cheap! -Hence the remote repair market.
DJI Solutions offers to sell the software for $90. It's true, that it's not cheap but worth for me to get rid of the error messages...... IF it actually works. Plus I should be able to share the software to others in need.

Reactions: Capt KO and Cafguy
DJI Solutions offers to sell the software for $90. It's true, that it's not cheap but worth for me to get rid of the error messages...... IF it actually works. Plus I should be able to share the software to others in need.
Not cheap BUT That's not a bad deal I would Do that! It probably comes with a one use license

Not cheap BUT That's not a bad deal I would Do that! It probably comes with a one use license
You got a good point with the one time license. I didn't even think about that. I'll most likey purchase it later today and let you know about the outcome.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks for posting the video. I've done all these steps in the past but I'm trying to get rid of the error messages which he wants able to do in the video. Thanks anyways.
Have you tried using DJI Firmware Tools?

Here is what you can do with the tools:

Have you tried using DJI Firmware Tools?

Here is what you can do with the tools:
Pretty sure I tried this a while ago without luck. But I'll take a closer look once I get home from work. Thanks for sharing !!

I replaced the gimbal and camera on the mavic Air. 2. Now I've been getting the famous 40011 and 40021 error when I start up the software. Taking pictures seems to be fine and taking Videos , but the error messages get really annoying after sometime. I happen to find this guy on YouTube who calls himself DJI solutions and he offers a service of $35 to remotely log into my computer which can take up to 40 minutes and recalibrates my camera to the points that the error messages are gone. I know this sounds too good to be true and I've heard of many people getting scammed online by downloading the app called anydesk. Has anybody used the service and is happy with the outcome withouts their sensitive material disappearing off the computer? I appreciate your input.
Why not send it to DJI? You may wind up spending more trying to save money. I have had great service from DJI numerous times.

Why not send it to DJI? You may wind up spending more trying to save money. I have had great service from DJI numerous times.
I purchased the drone used online and it has been opened numerous times. I got no warranty on it, thereof was under the impression it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne