DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

galbb

Reactions
Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

Last edited by a moderator:
About time! I will try it today. Too bad my primary phone / Fly device is now iOS. I was waiting for a longgggg time.

In Note 10 Plus the transmission changed. As always, it's about to rain now with strong winds. I fly it indoors without any problems. Need to check it when the weather calms down.

Reactions: ABu Zayd
Hello All,

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

If you would like to donate to me helping me buying my next drone and support me with my next projects :

Donate me
Man, you're a genius !
I did it on a Mini 2, and it seems to be working !
The 1km mark is above the 90db line, so it really seems to me on FCC mode.
Question, I've noticed that I shaw do this patch every time before fly, is that correct ?
Is there any permanent way fix on FCC mode ?
Anyway, tomorrow I will fly under GPS mode, and if everything does ok, I might have some peoples interested !
How can I donate to you !??
Thank you very much !

Hello All,

Link to the apk

If you would like to donate to me helping me buying my next drone and support me with my next projects :

Donate me :)
Have you tried using the regular top USB C connection on the remote to do apply the patch ?

it does not work by flashing from the top port.

If you do it once, from the bottom port, it should be forever. You don't need to do it again.

it does not work by flashing from the top port.

If you do it once, from the bottom port, it should be forever. You don't need to do it again.
Got it ! But in my case, on Mini 2, the patch is restting everytime I turn it off.
Thats not a huge problem, once the procedure is very simples and fast.
Thanks again !

Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any change on my Air 2S yet :-( As soon as I run the patch, the message patched successfully appears 11427 4128. Everything should be fine, right?
Do you know how to check for FCC vs CE transmission? I think its a very common knowledge by now, you can search for this.

For my Air 2 is working fine. Test it for 3.5 kilometers one way (7 total). The signal was stable with almost full bars all time. Need to do the procedure after every flight but that takes only some seconds.

I have just tried this on my Air 2 and it appeared to work i.e. the 1km mark was above the 90db line (FCC mode).
I haven't tried range testing yet but will today hopefully.
I powered everything down and restarted but after the restart the 1km mark was back on the 90db line (CE mode)

So in my case it looks like I will need to re apply the patch every flight.

However if this truly is FCC mode for Android then re applying the patch is a small price to pay as it only takes seconds

Just had a quick flight at a location I know well that usually has poor signal propagation for some reason. I suspect it's some form of radio interference and I usually start getting drop outs and lose signal at a depressingly close 200-300 metre's
It was rock solid with not even any glitches. I only took out to 500 metre's but that was enough to tell me this mod is working.
Just to confirm I switched it back to CE sent it out at the same height and direction and I got a complete disconnect and RTH at under 300 metre's.

Reactions: Speedster 1966
Just had a quick flight at a location I know well that usually has poor signal propagation for some reason. I suspect it's some form of radio interference and I usually start getting drop outs and lose signal at a depressingly close 200-300 metre's
It was rock solid with not even any glitches. I only took out to 500 metre's but that was enough to tell me this mod is working.
Just to confirm I switched it back to CE sent it out at the same height and direction and I got a complete disconnect and RTH at under 300 metre's.
I've tried the patch it said success but when i go into dji fly i can see the signal line is still CE not FCC
Does it work on latest firmware on MA2? that's what my drone is at but not sure what im doing wrong.

This is what i did:

1) Plugged in usb cable to the bottom of the controller and to the phone, then turned the controller on
2) ran the app and patched successfully
3) switched the cable from bottom of controller to top of controller
4) turned on the power on MA2
5) ran dji fly to check transmission

Is this any different from what you are doing?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev