DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air or Mavic Pro 2 Zoom

Nightkap39

Reactions
Hey everyone, my first post here, I’m debating on these two drones. I like the fact that the pro has the spotlights and zoom. Also I can get the smart remote. I’m going to be using this mainly for family outings with pics and videos. I also like to photograph potential severe weather. Which drone do you recommend? Thanks!

I’d pick the Mavic 2 Zoom myself. You really should go on DJI’s website and compare the spec’s of the two side by side. The Zoom will cost considerably more and you will need to ask yourself if where that extra money is going is worth it to you. Also I think you may have confused the Enterprise model with the Zoom, the Zoom doesn’t have the lights you were referencing. Another consideration would be a Mavic pro first edition because it’s a lot cheaper now and is still more multi-rotor than what most people need.

Reactions: Nightkap39
Oh and welcome to the site, good to have you! You’ll find a wealth of Mavic info here and there’s a ton of members on this site that put my knowledge on the subject to shame. Enjoy and keep us posted on your choice.

"family outings" is your main use? Then I would vote for the Air. Smaller, easier to transport, costs less $$ and has an outstanding camera. I have both an Air and a Zoom. The main advantage of the Zoom over the Air to me is the flight time (zoom is longer) and the ability to do a little more with the camera zoom. But is it worth double the price? Not to me for basic video/photos of family outings.

If you can afford it, get both! The Air wins hands down on portability -the Zoom isn't much bigger, but it is bigger.

I’d pick the Mavic 2 Zoom myself. You really should go on DJI’s website and compare the spec’s of the two side by side. The Zoom will cost considerably more and you will need to ask yourself if where that extra money is going is worth it to you. Also I think you may have confused the Enterprise model with the Zoom, the Zoom doesn’t have the lights you were referencing. Another consideration would be a Mavic pro first edition because it’s a lot cheaper now and is still more multi-rotor than what most people need.
Oh really? So is the enterprise the only model with a spotlight? For night flying?

Go to the DJI website and compare the models, you will see what includes a spotlight and what does not. Simple and easy.

I really don’t think portability is even an issue on either choice. I mean gimme a break my Mavic Pro with three batteries, charger(both home & auto) and a couple of other accessories fit into a 6” x 8” carry bag.

Oh really? So is the enterprise the only model with a spotlight? For night flying?
Don’t let the lights sell you one way or the other. There are countless aftermarket lights available for any choice you make, both strobe marker type lights as well as bright search type lights. If the smart controller is high on your list then you’ll have to go with a second generation Mavic Pro/Zoom also the control range on either one of those put the Mavic Air to shame.

Actually at this point, why not the Mavic Mini? For the price and your low requirements, seems like on paper that would be the ultimate winner. Close to 30 minute flight time (way better than anything else), decent camera specs, 3 axis gimbal, and the smallest form factor for a real drone. I would certainly suggest you open up your search criteria to include the Mini.

M2 series has the landing lights. They aren't that useful, even for landing in low light.

No such thing as a Mavic Pro 2 Zoom. Not yet anyway. Pro or Zoom, not both.

yeah, landing lights are a gimmic in my opinion. i would not base my decision on landing lights.

The DJI Mavic series of drones are all fantastic aircraft and you’ll more than likely be thrilled with whichever one you choose. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the appropriate parts of the FAA website so you’ll know all of the ever expanding rules and regs concerning UAS aircraft. Fly safe and fly often, you’ll find that r/c model aviation is one great hobby to be in!

congrats on the purchase, look forward to hearing all about the epic flights!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras