DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Aircraft Core Board Overheated, DJI Want to Replace Rotors Arms

DesertLuddite

Reactions
I opened a case with DJI Support because my Mavic cooling fan stopped working and I began receiving a warning of "aircraft core board overheated". I just received the assesment and repair invoice for replacing a gimbal mounting bracket, both rear motor arms, a couple of shell components and a couple of camera cable covers.

To be sure, one of my rotor arms had taken an impact in a small crash, which I repaired pretty effectivly with some JB Weld, so I can understand why they'd want to replace these parts, even though I didn't ask for them to be repaired. But I'm a bit mystified as to what any of these repairs has to do with the failed cooling fan and overheating issue.

I sent them a response email asking if this repair is going to resolve the overheating, but my experience so far is not giving me any confidence in the repair process.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Is this par for the course with DJI Support?

That's a tough spot to be in. I don't know what they are going to charge you for those repairs but the good news is that you won't have the overheating issue because they are going to send you a different Mavic.
Hopefully a new one.

Rob

Well, I just got my Mavic back from DJI... took three weeks door-to-door. Though I was a bit irritated by the weak communication and delayed status updates from DJI Support, and the fact that they charged me $200 to repair things that I didn't ask to be repaired, at the end of the day, they did in fact just send me a new drone.

This time I promptly purchased the DJI Care for my new Mavic; I'm a pretty cautious flyer, but this experience has taught me that I can't afford to be dropping $200 every time I have an accident, even if it does buy me a new drone.

That's a tough spot to be in. I don't know what they are going to charge you for those repairs but the good news is that you won't have the overheating issue because they are going to send you a different Mavic.
Hopefully a new one.

Rob
How did you know they were going to send a replacement and not just fix this issue...

I found this thread by searching "aircraft core board module"..Mine is in for repair and I told thats whats going to be replaced

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242