DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic cannot hold position

TomzHobbyz

Reactions
Hi Guy,

Do you all facing before as when you put your Mavic in the air, it will move to right and move to down direction while your not do anything in your controller.

If you guy face before any solution to make it hold in the position without moving to any direction.

Sounds like no GPS/satellites signal

Hi Guy,

Do you all facing before as when you put your Mavic in the air, it will move to right and move to down direction while your not do anything in your controller.

If you guy face before any solution to make it hold in the position without moving to any direction.
In GPS or OPTI mode it should hold altitude and position.

In ATTI mode it will only hold altitude and position may drift.

Do you remember what mode it was on?

There's not really any normal condition where it should drift horizontally and down without input.

My first thought would be controller stick calibration.

May help to post a video and logs.

Hi Guy,

I'd do a compass & IMU calibration before I tried anything else.

Reactions: Callum
Hi Guy,

Your flying inside right ? , there is normally not enough light for VPS to work to keep the mavic in position, also on floor the mavic vps needs a pattern to lock on to, carpet and most floors have no pattern

Thank guy for all your input .... i try to get the video and upload later.
I'll try all the advice to check it out/

Make sure the compass calibration is done outdoors. Ideally in an open field.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC