DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic carry on Ryanair

Pjtyros

Reactions
Has anyone flown from the UK on Ryanair with the Mavic in their cabin bag, if so any problems?
Thanks

Hope this is not in the wrong place.

I would call them to check, their prohibited items list seems a little ambiguous from what I could find.

In their T's and C's it states under https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/terms-and-conditions/termsandconditionsar_696869348

8.10.3 The following items shall not be placed in Checked Baggage:

..Lithium ion battery-powered vehicles (including segways and hoverboards) other than wheelchairs/mobility equipment that comply with Ryanair’s Regulations on Specific Subjects (click here), lithium ion battery-powered devices that exceed 160 watt hours.

and so you should be able to carry THREE mavic pro batteries as hand luggage (per person), as they are 43.6Wh each - make sure though they are not fully charged and have battery terminals covered. I've got a set of battery covers off amazon (for mavic and 3 batteries) for when I take mine abroad.

Check out this video too How to Take Your DJI Mavic Pro Drone on a Plane - ikopta.

Some carriers also have limits on individual battery capacities, such as 100Wh max (so an Inspire 1 TB47 would be ok but not TB48).

Last edited:
How did you get on with taking your drone on Ryanair and how many battery's did you take ? I have the flymore combo so 3 battery's

I was in Scottland on 05.2018. I was flying from Berlin to Glasgow.MP, 3 batteries with me. And without the slightest problem. Nobody checked what I had with me. For sure all the batteries were in lipo safe bag and I took off propellers. More scaring with drones in airplanes than it's worth.

Reactions: BaRoN30s
I went BA to Barcelona couple of weeks ago Mavic Pro 3 battery’s carry on chucked it all in there bin thro scanner out other side thank you very much. Put the nippers bag thro he got stopped wanted to re scan his Nintendo switch and do swab on it I laughed

No issues whatsoever through airport security (Gatwick and Bristol) when flying to European destinations with EasyJet and Ryanair, security seem bothered about laptops and tablets, didn't bat an eyelid at drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom