DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic controllers

Don Renaud

Reactions
I have a phantom 4 I'm still waiting to order the Mavic

When I start up my controller for the phantom 4 it also shows the mavic.

My question is, Will I be able to use the Phantom 4 controller to fly the Mavic?

Thanks for your support

No. It's not compatible with the Mavic.

The reason you see the Mavic is simply because the Go app itself is universal, able to control most of DJI's recent consumer products.

I got my Mavic this week and Yes it does avoid obstacles just like my Phantom 4. I found I could use my I Pad Mini 4 by putting Velcro on the two small arms of the Mavic Controller and Velcro on the back of my I Pad Mini 4 and I used the short cable off my Phantom and the Mavic works Great a five minute fix. Using DJI Go app.

I found I could use my I Pad Mini 4 by putting Velcro on the two small arms of the Mavic Controller and Velcro on the back of my I Pad Mini 4 and I used the short cable off my Phantom and the Mavic works Great a five minute fix.
Got a photo of that setup?

Not sure if I can post a link to the dji forum but here is a thread of a guy that just inserted his ipad mini directly into the Mavic controller. To be honest it looks pretty good to me... better than the adapter mods I've seen so far. iPad mini in controller arms works!

Oh wow. Just noticed he posted a video at the bottom of that thread.

Thanks! :)

Not sure why anyone would bother with velcro when you can just stick the iPad mini right in there without modification.

Reactions: Mako79
Not sure why anyone would bother with velcro when you can just stick the iPad mini right in there without modification.

COG would be better with velcro, and possibly more secure. Definitely have to get a 90 degree plug for both applications though.

Wonder why no one from DJI bother to test it. Or maybe they just like to keep silent =)

The only thing about using the iPad mini in that manner is that you can't use a shade unless someone comes up with a different design.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan