DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crashed & Destroyed

This isn't the right .DAT since there is no motorStart. It's probably the .DAT that got created as the result of turning on the Mavic to retrieve the .DAT you want. Look here for tips on getting the right .DAT
My Mavic is on it's way back to DJI so hopefully the correct DAT is saved on my computer. I will check.

This is a very good reminder to carefully inspect the UNDERSIDE of the props after a crash. I had a very minor wall hit (inside flight) that barely scuffed the props. After removing them, one of the three locking legs had snapped off. When they snap off, they stay in the motor hub unless you turn the aircraft upside down and tap on the motor/arm until it falls out. The problem is, unless you physically detach the prop from the motor, you have no visual indication that any of those locking tabs have broken.

Obviously, if the broken piece is in the motor and you simply replace the prop, that will likely not end well. Hindsight being 20/20, and all...

Let us know the outcome of your repair.

Weird. I am taking a HUUUGGEE, incredibly stupid assumption, but do any of you think that it could've been shot by something? I mean, he entered a private airfield and then shortly after got propellor errors. I know it is most likely VERY FAR from what really happened but i'll just put this out there.

God I love hearing about crashes :) It's not at all depressing for other pilot's.
And like Faith no More, we CAre a lot !
I also love how noone is willing to take any responsibility for their crashes.
Going on about software/sensor malfunctions, etc.
Live and Learn. You will be much better off if you just accept it fell to earth and you were
at the controls.

Reactions: Louie7Oaks
I would agree with others that the initial crash caused more damage than just the props. That one of the motors seemed not to turn freely would be enough to ground the bird for repair. And the damage may have been more that that as well.

I've been flying mine for a week now and while I had a few close calls (flying backwards) so far I've stayed away from obstacles pretty well. Knocks wood.

Hello, I am new to owning a drone and just bought a Mavic that I received this week. Flew it only a couple of times and today it went into an uncontrollable flip and spin move then crashed from about 80'. The drone was completely destroyed. I have DJI Refresh Care so I can get it replaced but now I'm almost too nervous to fly again. Here are details on the situation;
-flew earlier in the day and had a very minor crash into a small tree trunk, lost 2 propellers and replaced. One motor seemed a little seized up when I changed prop?
- did an IMU calibration on my kitchen island, seemed fine
- calibrated compass on sidewalk (seems that might be a bad move)
- took off from front of house flew to the park across the street and as I was climbing that when the crash happened.
The flight logs mention a few troubling messages;
Attitude too large
Aircraft tilting check for damage
Satellite Positioning Off
Motor Obstructed
Motor Idling (loose or Missing Propeller)

I'm hoping someone out there can help???
Are you located in the USA? Just curious, did you watch How To Video and READ the Manual before flying?, Not criticizing, just curious.

God I love hearing about crashes :) It's not at all depressing for other pilot's.
And like Faith no More, we CAre a lot !
I also love how noone is willing to take any responsibility for their crashes.
Going on about software/sensor malfunctions, etc.
Live and Learn. You will be much better off if you just accept it fell to earth and you were
at the controls.

Has to be one in every bunch!

Reactions: Medic31525
Hello, I am new to owning a drone and just bought a Mavic that I received this week. Flew it only a couple of times and today it went into an uncontrollable flip and spin move then crashed from about 80'. The drone was completely destroyed. I have DJI Refresh Care so I can get it replaced but now I'm almost too nervous to fly again. Here are details on the situation;
-flew earlier in the day and had a very minor crash into a small tree trunk, lost 2 propellers and replaced. One motor seemed a little seized up when I changed prop?
- took off from front of house flew to the park across the street and as I was climbing that when the crash happened.
Attitude too large
Motor Obstructed

Attitude too large
Motor Obstructed

Hello,

Sorry about the bad luck. I've observed in many posts here that when something like this happens, just call DJI Tech support. Don't be upset with them but explain what happened. They will have you upload the data the drone collects for the flights. They can extract what happened to the drone and if they see a drone fault in that data, they will replace the drone without using your Care Refresh. Check it out.

All bets are off when you plant it. There is no telling what could be damaged after that. I appreciate that you admitted the earlier crash. Doing otherwise may have caused people to come to different conclusions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jloud
1) great reason to have refresh
2) sounds like the first crash damaged a motor. First I have read about a Mavvie 'flipping' which means motor or prop stop.

Sounds like your first observations stated when feeling the motor a bit stiff could have been a bent shaft. Motor ended up stalling, seizing or whatever.

I would not be concerned at all Raw. If all was happy, no prior bumps and it up and did that I would be nervous. Refresh will send you a new one anyway so whatever state yours is/was in will be gone to the spare parts bin.

Ok, I was able to find my flight data on the DJI APP and here (if anyone cares) is the sequence of messages I received in the short flight
- strong interference now. fly with caution
- taking off
- home point recorded, return to home altitude 98ft.

I then flew across the street into the park at a height of 50', climbing slowly to 72'
- GEO You are in a warning zone (private recreational airports) fly with caution
Then while climbing to 143' got this message
- motor idling (loose or missing propeller)
- do not use standard propellers at high altitudes

This is when the Mavic went into a crazy spin and flip and crashed to earth (246' from myself) when it landed on the ground I got these last messages
- motor obstructed
- weak signal, avoid being blocked or adjust the antenna direction

Interesting .. I wonder what kind of propeller you are supposed to use at "high altitude" ?? I live at 6,500 ft., and on a warm day the density (effective) altitude may be 10,000 ft. at ground level ... any info appreciated!!

Attitude too large
Motor Obstructed

I thought you may have had a situation like mine but I guess not after reading all the postings. I fly a Phantom 4 and at about 200 feet it flipped over and did a powered dive into the ground. Fairly minor damage ($239) but DJI has yet to advise me how an inverted flight can occur. I had hoped your situation would have shed some light on my problem but seems like yours was more of a motor freezing up causing it to flip out of control. Should anyone reading this have any ideas why a drone would do a perfect flip and become inverted please let me know. Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

... I've been flying mine for a week now and while I had a few close calls (flying backwards) so far I've stayed away from obstacles pretty well. Knocks wood.

Beware of false confidence. I believe that your time is yet to come! I take it as part of the experience. Its best to learn from others, but for me sometimes that does not get cemented until the experience is first person.

Hello,

Sorry about the bad luck. I've observed in many posts here that when something like this happens, just call DJI Tech support. Don't be upset with them but explain what happened. They will have you upload the data the drone collects for the flights. They can extract what happened to the drone and if they see a drone fault in that data, they will replace the drone without using your Care Refresh. Check it out.

do we have any software that we can read the data for the flight?

Beware of false confidence. I believe that your time is yet to come! I take it as part of the experience. Its best to learn from others, but for me sometimes that does not get cemented until the experience is first person.

I don't think that was false confidence - "knocks wood" is a request for luck. In the meantime, on a recent flight I forgot to switch back to P mode, came in hot, and then flew latterly into some pushes - detailed in another post.

I don't mean to sound like a jack*ss, but I think you may want to spend some time learning to fly a Syma X5C or similar before taking the Mavic to the air again. I think you'll feel much more confident if you're more comfortable with the controls.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast