DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic disconnect from rc

YESNO

Reactions
Well been a while since I was airborne... Had to fix a gimbal ribbon... Sorted! Yeah! Had it up last weekend a few times and for the first time ever since I bought my quad the rc disconnected! RTH is always set so got it back but this happened yesterday again also within 2min in flight! I switched as fast as I could the rc off and then on again.. It reconnect and I could guide it in... Anybody else also got this issue lately?

Possibly a faulty cable between your controller and monitor.

That wouldn't cause the RC to disconnect from the Mavic. It would cause the APP to disconnect from the RC, but as long as the RC still had a connection to the Mavic, it wouldn't RTH. Not sure what would have caused it.

LP

Yip... My problem as well.. Don't know what is causing it... Eish...

That wouldn't cause the RC to disconnect from the Mavic. It would cause the APP to disconnect from the RC, but as long as the RC still had a connection to the Mavic, it wouldn't RTH. Not sure what would have caused it.

LP
Something similar happened to me last year, the mavic was about 500 yds away and suddenly my screen went to black and white with the video frozen and a message saying " disconnected". I hit the RTH button but got no response. I looked at the small screen on the controller and noticed that the distance was getting shorter, shortly after that the mavic landed at my feet. I changed the cable between controller and CS monitor and never had a problem since. I now realise that when the " disconnected" message appears on screen I still had full control of the drone but could not view the video in monitor.

My problem is that not only is the screen going out on phone, but the rc itself is also disconnected!! Recalibration was done on quad and rc... still the problem. I will rol back on firmware.. Mabe that will solve the problem...
No one else same issue?

Something similar happened to me last year, the mavic was about 500 yds away and suddenly my screen went to black and white with the video frozen and a message saying " disconnected". I hit the RTH button but got no response. I looked at the small screen on the controller and noticed that the distance was getting shorter, shortly after that the mavic landed at my feet. I changed the cable between controller and CS monitor and never had a problem since. I now realise that when the " disconnected" message appears on screen I still had full control of the drone but could not view the video in monitor.

What you describe is common. DJI's app is known for disconnecting and also being resource intensive. That's why their list of supported phones is rather short -and most of them are high end. Android seems to take the brunt of the disconnect complaints. Your controller was still connected, but the phone wasn't. Since you presumably hit the RTH button on the controller, the Mavic came back - and that's why the distance kept decreasing as you found out. You have to be careful though. Your case only works if the disconnect has to do with the phone. If your RC does disconnect, RTH won't do anything and you'll be relying on the Mavic to figure out it has disconnected and decide to return home. The Mavic's ability to return home also depends on having a GPS signal - regardless of whether it is connected to the app or controller.

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika