DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Down :(

The backward flying setting refers to if it's tracking you [I thought].
That is you might not want it too back up while not in direct control because there's no OA to the rear.
There is a setting in OA which allows it to try go sideways or over an obstacle rather than just stop.
I think indoors there are so many potential obstacles it probably needs turning off.
I agree and have those turned off. I don't want it to do ANYTHING that I don't tell it to do. The exception for me is stopping while going straight. I like that indoors so leave it on. The new update has reduced the distance to a more acceptable point.

Reactions: RobP62
I fly inside the school gym where I work, with absolutely no issues, it is very well lit with all the markings on the floor for the mavic to lock onto. There is absolutely no way I would consider flying it inside my house, too dimly lit, too small a space really and way too many obstacles.

I just watched a very well shot and informative video of indoor flying. Nothing special but something maybe all of us thinking about doing it should watch first. That tripod mode blew me away.

I thought it was just what I needed to see. The guy uses 2 other cameras to capture the action (or the lack thereof) and it really puts why flying indoors is bad into perspective. To me at least. I have the worst luck and know my voyage would wind up on one of those wacky circumstance insurance commercials.

Now he successfully flies it indoors but it would definitely be more suited to a larger home. Mine is not very large. I doubt I will be flying indoors. LOL

I just watched a very well shot and informative video of indoor flying. Nothing special but something maybe all of us thinking about doing it should watch first. That tripod mode blew me away.

I thought it was just what I needed to see. The guy uses 2 other cameras to capture the action (or the lack thereof) and it really puts why flying indoors is bad into perspective. To me at least. I have the worst luck and know my voyage would wind up on one of those wacky circumstance insurance commercials.

Now he successfully flies it indoors but it would definitely be more suited to a larger home. Mine is not very large. I doubt I will be flying indoors. LOL
Ho Ho, I think that is an accident just waiting to happen. Next video will be "How I Crashed My Mavic Indoors". LOL

I sent the drone out yesterday... and needless to say when I get her back I will not be flying inside...hahah

I sent the drone out yesterday... and needless to say when I get her back I will not be flying inside...hahah

Yea, I tell ya. It will be a cold day before I try it. Seemed like such a cool idea. So when will you know how much to repair? Let me guess, they can't tell you until they access the damage?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themirac