DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Focus (Process, NOT Issue)

RobG

Reactions
Hi everyone. Let me begin by saying I know there has been a lot of discussion about this over time. However, I am still confused. I don't really think I have a good understanding of the focus process with the mavic.

I am confused by:

1. Is there an infinity focus?
2. Do you just set focus once when starting your flight and then leave it alone?
3. If the answer to #2 is 'no' then what is the process you folks follow to get nicely focused video?

I have no doubts that my Mavic can capture video more than good enough for my purposes. I have seen beautiful samples of video taken with the Mavic. I know some of them have gone through quite a bit of post processing but I also know that if you don't start out with good focused video you are never going to fix that in post.

I am trying different settings for style and all that stuff and I will eventually settle on what works best for me.

But I am still confused about what process to follow for focus.

Can I get some feedback about the process for getting good focus on your videos?

I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob

I take off to about 10 m, then use "AF" and select a far off object and focus on that by tapping. Then I select MF. That will be infinite focus for all intents. Sometime you can see a usefully far object before takeoff.

If you see AFC in DJI GO's AF/MF field (AFC/MF), then go into the menus and disable the AFC choice. It is worthless and will ruin your videos.

You can test all this on the kitchen table before leaving the house - focus on various objects as desired..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf