DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Landing gear, with shock absorbers!

I like the way you think. How much for a set of grey?

What about extendable legs that collapse into themselves for transporting a small clip on the side would allow each leg to collapse into itself

I think they a great idea for people wanting to practice a lot of manual landings without putting undo stress on the front leg stops. Not sure what the spring tension is and if these would prevent that from happening on a full on drop from even a very low altitude though but I agree with some that there's no harm in having choices like this if you feel you need it.

I myself use landing gear but thats mainly because I like to land with the gimbal facing down and I can't trust coming down in an area that might have some small rocks strewn about.

Just adds an additional level of protection for that otherwise delicate camera.

Just my .02 cents worth while I sit here waiting for the weather to clear up......

Rob

Reactions: burnheart
I just wonder when we will stop adding WEIGHT to this really small Drone
Stickers, Feet, Blade protectors..... ETC
1 oz here, .05 oz there, another 1.75 oz It all adds up fast

Pretty soon we will be ******** because they no longer fly as long, and may start to have motor problems from carrying all the added weight that they were not designed for.

I get the stickers as they really don't add hardly anything.... and the stubby extension feet can really be a needed item..... But adding 4 springs and 4 more plastics for the shock absorbers.... may really be unnecessary.
Then again, that is IMHO..... and that is what makes things go round :)

New Mavic landing gear coming out! Now with shock absorbers! Black, red, grey! Any color preferences :)

Available here: Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear with Shock Absorber Height Extender Kit Riser Set Stabilizers (Black): Toys & Games

We will be getting it in stock in around 2 weeks!

View attachment 12178 View attachment 12179 View attachment 12180
Just bought your other ones without the springs. Are you doing any trade-in/trade-up deals for the people who recently bought your other version? I have a question...Does the Mavic have the ability to come down that hard to need springs? I am not talking shut-off-props-coming-down-hard, just regular landing.

Last edited:
I have to say I have several FStop Labs products. The quality is top notch. Their shoulder bag is better quality than the DJI one and 1/2 the price. Same with their 4 port battery charger. Keep up the good work guys!
I have their 4 port hub and like it.

Very nice and creative..nerdy: yes, but we like that! Jus don't like metal springs indeed, it's a turnoff. Better would be 2 parts sliding into each other with some foam inside for damping. Keeps the nerd-value without adding metal. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE metal. Just not on the Mavic and def not in spiral shape right underneath the TX ad RX antennas)

I see a mavic sinking into soft ground with these on, then again, would be curious to see what benefit these spring legs have beside giving a soft landing......which is what my mavic already doing.

Genius! Love the innovation from your team. Please continue to push the boundaries. Would love to try these out as well!
I've just purchased these from amazon got them put them on me mavic pro and omg problems drone unresponsive kept on climbing in air after home point set and struggled to get it down....went back to the original landing gear no problem at all any solutions of anyone ...thanks

I've just purchased these from amazon got them put them on me mavic pro and omg problems drone unresponsive kept on climbing in air after home point set and struggled to get it down....went back to the original landing gear no problem at all any solutions of anyone ...thanks
That's crazy. Thanks for posting. What's your complete set-up so we have some sort of reference? I have the standard landing gear with no issues yet. I plan on mounting strobes to them as well to help with visual orientation.
Rob

Lol Gimmick and if the reports are true that it made their Mavic unresponsive lol gees, people will make anything if they know people will buy it.

I like the fact that these will keep the camera from possibly banging into something on the ground. That alone would make them worthwhile. Cheap protection for an expensive camera/gimbal. IMHO

So my Mavic was gaining altitude all by itself. It would also go into landing mode if I hit the down stick to drop altitude. At one point the aircraft ascended to over 300 feet. I hit return to home and it thought it was 5 feet off the ground and tried to land. I canceled and dropped it down but it stayed in landing mode and this resulted in the Mavic crashing/landing itself into the ground. I took off the landing gear I had purchased and put the Mavic back up in the air. No more issues. It appeared the landing gear at the rear of the aircraft was affecting the sonar signals, thus the aircraft had no idea where it was in comparison to the ground. I hope no one else has this issue and I will NEVER put landing gear on my Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54