DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC LANYARD CONNECTION

Tyler Draper

Reactions
Has anyone come up with a way to create a lanyard mount for their controller yet?

A few of the tablet mounts include a lanyard hook, but otherwise haven't seen anything intended solely to do this. Check out on eBay if the tablet option interests you.

Reactions: SeaFox
I use a Secraft transmitter tray with a Futaba 14SG with another drone and a Sony Z3 tablet. I cobbled up a wooden adapter to take the Mavic controller instead. A little rustic, but works quite well.DSC07926.jpg DSC07929.jpg DSC07930.jpg

So I went with the Peter Holmes solution. Felt like making something today. A little bit of paint and I'm done.

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys!

Attachments

• IMG_5103.JPG
    IMG_5103.JPG
    820.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5102.JPG
    IMG_5102.JPG
    799.9 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Drseussami
Has anyone come up with a way to create a lanyard mount for their controller yet?

Yep.
2535ab2c77d55d19d708d3d06f024da7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Never understood how people were happy with a lanyard between their eyes and the all-important screen...

Convenience. Not having to hold or look for a spot to set the controller down when not in use...

That wasn't the question, having a lanyard is sure nearly mandatory, but why put it right in the middle in a way that prevents you from operating the thing comfortably?

That wasn't the question, having a lanyard is sure nearly mandatory, but why put it right in the middle in a way that prevents you from operating the thing comfortably?

To each his own I'm fine with where it's at. doesnt hinder my operation one bit.

Reactions: SkyHigh Pryo
My free zip tie solution keeps the lanyard away from the screen and has an added advantage in that the controller and iPad is perfectly balanced too.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Building on what SteveCa posted I used the original DJi strap that comes with the case. Just disconnect from the case and insert through the Controller arms.

upload_2017-3-10_8-31-40.png

Reactions: Daptone
Zip ties or the loop it around the transmitter arms. The lanyard mount you can buy looks like once you mount your lanyard to it would obstruct your view.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian