DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lens removal

Former Member

Reactions
Anyone know if the lens is removable on the Mav? I tried to turn it off with a pliers and ended up scraping it. The P3 was not easy to get off but screwed off if you did it the right way.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

That looks like it is one piece. I would bet the lens assembly is pushed in from the rear or front. Try a small suction cup on the lens to see if it is threaded. Most likely its glued together. Probably a throw away part. The gold ring looks like it is purely cosmetic.

That looks like it is one piece. I would bet the lens assembly is pushed in from the rear or front. Try a small suction cup on the lens to see if it is threaded. Most likely its glued together. Probably a throw away part. The gold ring looks like it is purely cosmetic.

I think youre right. There dont seem to be any screws inside the cam housing. I tried suctioning it and pulling and turning but it wouldnt budge. So I think the lens, cam housing, and cam circuit board are all glued as one piece.

5.jpg

Reactions: HowSR

Looks like it has a lip in the front to hold the glass and is pressed in from the rear.

Looks like it has a lip in the front to hold the glass and is pressed in from the rear.

Maybe so, but I didnt see any way to get the sensor board out.

Yep but I cant see a way to get the sensor board out, so for me, its one entire module. Maybe look at it under a microscope tomorrow.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I have the same issue, water in my lens and DJI are such useless douche bags. Ive spent $20k with them in 3 months and they wont give me that part they say is $101 on their site. If you figure out how to open or remove the lens please let me know. I cannot get water droplet moisture out. Tried EVERYTHING, plus I feel dji should give me a new one free but they wont even let me pay for it. My plan now is to find a way to remove lens then cover with a UV filter or ND fileter (ie completely remove the glass) you never know, it might prevent lens flares and actually work better!

If anyone knows where to buy these lenses of how to open or remove the camera lens please let us know!

Attachments

• Mavic Moisture flat.JPG
    Mavic Moisture flat.JPG
    892.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Mavic Moisture.jpg
    Mavic Moisture.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 57
Did you managed to remove the front glass element of the camera module?
I found this youtube video, someone in Indonesia remove it by heating the adhesive and peel the glass off.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott