DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic milestone reached

If possible, it's best to do distance tests where a short land would be somewhere like a golf course, desert, open field, etc. Mavic no like trees and water.

Hahaha! Agreed! Except that I stay in the city so the only place i could do any distance test is over the sea. I doubt I will try this again. My heart can't take it again. Hahah

Reactions: Atlas
I hope reached the milestone of 4 major flight services and mayor replacements that would have been done in that distance !

Love this Mavic !!!

187b044bd7a3d068aa42c90eaa09b927.jpg

This is mine, in about 6 months of mavic :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-24-17-40-06.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-24-17-40-06.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 71
I think DJI have to release their FW updates to a sample of testers before mass releasing. The short 4 days I had my MP, it all went wrong after it completed an update on the 3rd day.

That's just what they're doing with app version 4.1.10 for Android: this weekend some italian friends started to ask me if I was joking when i told them I have 4.1.10. I ha dto post pictures of the app!

Have you used up any batteries to the point of needing replaced?

not at all, im saying its almost next to new, but i maintain it very well. i.e storage voltage, keeping temps down, keeping voltage charged to only 90% each time and never discharge below 30%. i still get about 15-20 minutes flight! from (90to30%).

I'm not flying mine nearly as much as I could. Most mileage and footprints was made with Ph3, which in the end got impounded by customs during one of my border crossings :)

Also, the speed...have no idea what happened there. Apparently, I also flew it in China, which I have not, as if someone tested it in China before shipping it off to Europe :)

39edf3e5-e333-449a-bed2-a050ba70f509.jpg

How do you get flags on your footprint? Mine has nothing?

intimate your DJI go 4 app. Then select flight records. On your upper right hand corner you will see a little cloud icon with circled arrows inside indicating synchronize. Select the cloud icon and then it will prompt you to synch 1 month, 6 months or all. Once you select, it will synchronize all your flight. Once completed select complete and your footprint, growth of value, distance flown, ect. will reflect all your flight data. If you flown in other countries, that will be reflected by the small flag icons to the right of foot print.

I fly with DJI Go 4 as well as Litchi. Here‘s my combined log of all my Mavic Pro flights, since November 2016.
Still running on original props, batteries etc..
This is an amazingly reliable work horse (bird?). Maybe a Pegasus?
62320d9036646a7cb593b128698cd283.jpg

Reactions: LongRifle and mpa
I have become a Mavic addict. I have had this for 2 months and have over 1,000,000 feet and 24 hours flight time. I have tried long distance flights 17000 feet +, 27 min long flight times , night flights with clip on lights from Home Depot. I did one flight with 726 grams of weight. Really put it to the test and it is amazing. The flight with cell phone attached definitely was my compass error flight. Today was wind tests as it was windy here. Some gusts were over 20 mph and I could see it drift till I turn on sport mode. Definitely addicted so I come here for group therapy!
171e2af74ae008a426fc0704546f939f.jpg

I fly with DJI Go 4 as well as Litchi. Here‘s my combined log of all my Mavic Pro flights, since November 2016.
Still running on original props, batteries etc..
This is an amazingly reliable work horse (bird?). Maybe a Pegasus?
62320d9036646a7cb593b128698cd283.jpg

Here is my Dji flight log summary. It represents approx. one third of my total flights. The rest are with Litchi (see my previous post!).
58a1e63eb2cd8b7b5c8889ed43957fc1.jpg

Mavic milage - 9-2017.png
I just reached a milestone on my mavic today, after 7months of flight it has now clocked up 1,000km (620miles)! this thing has run flawlessly, although some people have unfortunate warranty issues with theirs, its great to see how good dji products are when there done right.
Mavic milage - 9-2017.png

I would be curious to know how everyone else is going with there mavic.

Note: ignore the growth of value, i have stopped syncing to he DJI servers so the value does not update.
Hi Guys
Being rather new to this forum I usually do a tremendous amount of reading vs commenting although when I seen this thread I couldn't help but feel the urge to give my "2 cents"
After enjoying several drones over the past two years I became somewhat obsessed to purchase a Mavic but the prices were a little bit steep for me. I took a gamble and purchased a reconditioned Mavic from the DJI website and so far absolutely everything (including all of the recent updates) runs flawless on this machine, I might also add although I live inner city I am very fortunate to live approximately a half block distance from a 3 mile stretch of open forest and farmland. With that said I have really put this reconditioned unit to the test , near daily I will send it out 1 to 2 miles and frequently use the RTH function to bring it back home, many times the entire round trip has been flown in sport mode, usually between 250 and 300 feet. At this point I definitely plan on buying the new Mavic but until then I plan on racking up as many feet/miles as I can on this reconditioned unit until it finally dies.

Reactions: geigy
I wonder how many km the Mavic would clock if you fired it up inside a moving airplane - would the air speed reflect the GPS velocity? Probably would want to tether it down so it doesn't try to race to the back of the plane haha.

I wonder how many km the Mavic would clock if you fired it up inside a moving airplane - would the air speed reflect the GPS velocity? Probably would want to tether it down so it doesn't try to race to the back of the plane haha.
The aluminum frame of a commercial plane won't allow for a good GPS reception unless you are very close to a window.
Secondly there is this ban of RC toys still in place throughout the flight.
You better try it in your private plane please!

And yes, the airspeed would be your GPS speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer