DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Battery Life

Reactions
Hi,

I purchased this time in month of Jan-2020, since starting I am getting only maximum 10-11 mins flight time with Single battery. I know battery life is depending upon flight condition and mode of flying, I always use DJI provided charger to charge the batteries and Controller, I mostly fly with Cinematic Mode (C-Mode) with less wind speed only,

I found all get usually a solid 20mins+ flying time

Recently even that Battery life dropped drastically to 8-9mins, also with recent update of MM I am getting Motor error for Left Bottom Blades.

Any suggestion ? should I contact DJI to replace it under warranty.

Hi,

I purchased this time in month of Jan-2020, since starting I am getting only maximum 10-11 mins flight time with Single battery. I know battery life is depending upon flight condition and mode of flying, I always use DJI provided charger to charge the batteries and Controller, I mostly fly with Cinematic Mode (C-Mode) with less wind speed only,

I found all get usually a solid 20mins+ flying time

Recently even that Battery life dropped drastically to 8-9mins, also with recent update of MM I am getting Motor error for Left Bottom Blades.

Any suggestion ? should I contact DJI to replace it under warranty.
Replace your rear props as specified after updating firmware.

I find it strange that his battery lasts 9-10 minutes of flight, and he flies in the slowest mode without wind. It usually lasts 20 minutes for me, if I were you I would contact DJI.

It's possible that they sent you a battery from China, as the special version of the Mavic Mini from China usually lasts 15 minutes of flight, try to weigh the drone in case the weight is out of 199g and not 249g contact DJI , as it has to last 20-21 min of flight.

I find it strange that his battery lasts 9-10 minutes of flight, and he flies in the slowest mode without wind. It usually lasts 20 minutes for me, if I were you I would contact DJI.

It's possible that they sent you a battery from China, as the special version of the Mavic Mini from China usually lasts 15 minutes of flight, try to weigh the drone in case the weight is out of 199g and not 249g contact DJI , as it has to last 20-21 min of flight.

MM i have have 199 g weight written not 249g ? Is it make any difference ?
If so i will contact DJI & request them to provide me one with higher battery life

Could be wrong, but would the motor error cause the battery to drain quicker?

Could be wrong, but would the motor error cause the battery to drain quicker?

I don't believe it, the engine error what happens is that the engine is designed for certain amount of RPM, when the engine error happens it means that I exceed those RPM what means that an engine runs more accelerated than the others (that is evident that they are by the problem of the deformed propellers by the badly kept or by strong gusts of wind since they are sensitive propellers).

What you are saying could make some sense, but I don't think it is so much flying time, here we are talking about almost 10 minutes difference.

MM i have have 199 g weight written not 249g ? Is it make any difference ?
If so i will contact DJI & request them to provide me one with higher battery life

If your Mavic Mini says 199g it means you have a Chinese version, that version is because of the regulations there, but if you live in the US contact DJI as the normal weight of the MM is 249g.

DJI explained that this version of 199g would be exclusively for Chinese and the rest would be 249g

The only variant is the battery, the drone weighs 149g for everyone if I remember correctly, since the Chinese battery lasts 15 min of flight (that's why it weighs 199g) and the normal battery lasts 30 min (that one weighs 249g).

@fificap Agree - the Japanese version has a lower capacity battery to bring the overall weight to 199g. It actually has slightly less than 1/2 the capacity of the larger battery supplied with the 249g worldwide model, so would expect flight time to be a bit under half. This is in line with what @Lone_Warrior_Innd reports. Larger 2400mAh battery rated for 30min flight time, which typically means 20-25min actual flight time. Smaller 1100mAh battery doesn't appear to have a published flight time, so it would be reasonable to expect 8-12mins actual flight time.

If you're getting motor error warnings it could be that one of the motors is working extra hard to keep the drone level in the air, and hence draining the battery quicker. Likely as a result of props slowly becoming deformed/damaged. Check carefully how you store the drone as it is very easy to bend the props, particularly the rear ones since they fold underneath the drone and can get squashed.

Scroll down to the battery section of the specs, where both sizes of battery are listed:

edit: I was forgetting that a lighter battery takes less energy to keep airborne. Factoring this in gives expected flight times approximately between 10-18mins for the 1100mAh battery (compared to 18-30min for the 2400mAh battery). Possibly shorter if one or more propellers are not performing at optimum efficiency.

Last edited:
Reactions: everBit and fificap
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn