DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI RANGE

droneflyer88

Reactions
I just purchased a Mavic Mini a week ago and i’m looking for a few tips to extend the range.I live in a back in wooded area.My drone only flies to about 2500 ft(with Yagi 5.8 Ghz range extenders)before my first person view starts to get choppy.I’m flying it on airplane mode with no wifi.Im just wondering if there is anything else i could do to extend the range.

Your not keeping LOS. You must be shooting through foliage
if your only getting that. Try being dead on with your antenna aim. Try from another spot. I smoke that without any signal boosters .
Unless it’s a device issue.

Your not keeping LOS. You must be shooting through foliage
if your only getting that. Try being dead on with your antenna aim. Try from another spot. I smoke that without any signal boosters .
Unless it’s a device issue.

maybe its just my location.I,ll have to try it at another spot and see if makes a difference. Thank you [emoji3]

Reactions: dirkclod
maybe its just my location.I,ll have to try it at another spot and see if makes a difference. Thank you [emoji3]
Get on a hill ,fly out over the trees. Bet you’ll be surprised.
That I do know ?

We talking flying LOS. Was in a thread on Signal strength
with the Mini. Went and made this the next day. Just watch the first part but watch my gauges.
Look how far I go before I lose FPV. Then I go higher to get it back.
And was sitting in my truck the whole time.
Yeah folks in sailboat spoting for me. ?

I've seen a mini maintain video feed out past 2.4 miles. I was outside of the US at the time. It sounds like the trees could be an issue, flying higher van help in certain cases. Also, perhaps your particular range extender isn't the best option for you, but I don't have enough info. Best of luck friend.

Reactions: shaneb50
You're lucky getting that distance, I start losing connection at 500 ft , I've tried both Yagi and the parabolic extenders and found they don't seem to make any difference. I live in a bit of a valley but have a clear view over open field/land, it's very annoying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02