DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini RC battery with bigger mAh

vadda

Reactions
Hello,
I would like to change the battery of the RC of the Mavic mini and put one with greater capacity.
Does anyone know if the RC battery also has a BMS circuit that can lock if the cell is changed?
I know it's a single 18650 cell but 4 cables come out and I didn't understand if they
put them to increase the conductor section or why there is a protection circuit.

Thanks

There are two routes with modifying the battery/flight time. Before diving in, I recommend you check out this thread.

Your first option would be to remove the stock cells in the Mini's battery and brick the circuit board. After that, you would need to find out a software solution to unbricking the board. If you do that (which I currently don't know how) then you could technically use any cell on the market (as long as it meets the power draw and drain requirements).

The second option would be external batteries with connections to the internal stock battery pack. This avoids bricking the circuit protection board but also gives more juice to the internal batteries.

This is the RC battery without cover
No BMS, direct power to RC Board
I think it will be possible to replace also with 21700 cell

RC battery.jpg
RC battery2.jpg
sw18650-25hpa_spec.JPG

Attachments

• sw18650-25hpa_spec.JPG
    sw18650-25hpa_spec.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals