Mavic Pilots in Sweden

Discussion in 'International' started by ErikDF, Nov 27, 2016.

1. ErikDF

ErikDF Active Member

I am still waiting for my Mavic Pro. It was ordered through Scandinavian Photo in Stockholm

2. UAV Man

UAV Man Well-Known Member

Can you fly with the Ban? Just interested how the Drone community is going and what they think of the ban?

3. ErikDF

ErikDF Active Member

I do not think this ban has stoped people from flying. However for people using drones for commercial photography the ban probably has an effect until the ongoing trial is finalized. At the moment there are four Swedish authorities involved in this and what is legal use of drones for one may be illegal for another. Hopefully these uncertainties will be solved when the trial is over.

#3 ErikDF, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  4. UAV Man

UAV Man Well-Known Member

That sounds a little more positive than we hear in the UK press. I have a friends in Sweden and I know one was interested to get a drone for pleasure so huge thank you for the information.

Personally I think a little more regulation will be a good thing but to blanket ban them is a little extreme and will only drive the business underground.

Good luck with the Trial, lets hope it all works out.

5. AwesoM

AwesoM Well-Known Member

We will be visiting Swedish Laplands in April... I know it is rural, but are we allowed to fly there? When you read Transportstyrelsen it seems you can. But I am reading about complete bans from other forum folks.

6. Luftpixlar

Luftpixlar New Member

You will have some amazing scenery perfect for filming with drone!

I wouldn't care about the ban. I live in Sthlm and are a bit hesitant about flying IN the city but as long as you're a bit "low key" about it, do it outside central Sthlm etc it's not a problem. And in Lappland... no problemo! :D won't be a cop for miles and miles... You should definitely bring it!

7. El Pollo Diablo

El Pollo Diablo New Member

Hi there guys, i'm looking for some help. Hope someone can help me out with this. First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Stephan, 32 years and from The Netherlands. I'm a motorcycle journalist for a Dutch online bike magazine. This summer, i will be making a solo trip for a Dunlop tire review for about 4 weeks / 9000km through Denmark, Sweden, North Cape and back through Norway. Now i love making some good videos as a i'm a video editing enthusiast. Therefore, it would be really great to have some drone footage of myself riding through some nice landscapes. So, i was wondering, would there be a possibility to meet up with one of you guys to make some great shots of me?

You can contact met at stephan.de.ridder @ motormedia.nl (delete the spaces)

Thanks so much in advance. With kind regards, Stephan