DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Error

... As far as the update goes, I'm still running the .100 firmware. Is the new .300 firmware working OK? Should I upgrade to that? I got a message today on my Go App that said the battery has a broken cell. The other two batteries are working fine.

And lastly, how do you update the battery in the Assistant App? I looked in there and saw nothing about batteries, just the firmware updates.
Go 4 should alert you if a battery needs a firmware update but I doubt if a broken cell is even related to firmware. It is my recollection that DJI only warrants their batteries for six months so you are probably SOL.

You could try discharging and recharging a few times to see if it balances out.

I didn't buy a discharger per say, so maybe I'll hover in place to drain the battery a few times ..... Oh wait , last time it would even let me take off. Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'm just screwed like so many others that didn't get what they paid for. Thanks DJI.

If the Mavic turns on you could just let it sit there and drain the battery (put a fan on it to help it keep cool). If you have the battery adapter you could hook it to a USB powered device and drain it that way.

You could also change the discharge period to 1 day in Go 4 and it will auto-discharge to 50-60% over a few days. Remember that if you push the button on the battery it will reset the discharge period.

I discharged my broken battery by leaving the mavic in for a couple hours. It’s turned off it was that low. I then charged the battery rolled back the firmware to .100. Restarted the mavic and remote. Battery error went away. I then updated to the latest firmware and now all seems fine no errors whatsoever. The cells are balanced to within .1 of a volt. ie 4.12. 4.02. 4.12. I’m not sure I will fly with the battery now or any of the others for that matter because my confidence is very low now until I have hovered for a while flight time for each battery maybe twice each and then make a judgement.
I hope my accounts can help a few of you.

I'll try that too. I have it turned on and sitting outside in the cool air, and will let it discharge until it's dead. I cannot start the motors at all, so it will probably take a long time to go dead. I'm leary like you now, and do not trust this battery as far as I could throw it. I have flown some 500 meter flights yesterday with my other two batteries.

I have discharged the battery 5 times, then re-charged, and still the ERROR on the remote. The only thing I have not done is updated to latest firmware. I'm still running on .100. I'll try updating and see what happens.

So, any other ideas out there why my expensive dJI battery lasted only 12 flights and now is useless? No wonder there are so many aggravated DJI customers out there.
It’s a good idea to charge a battery right before you use it then make sure to discharge it as much as possible and store it that way. Charge before use, discharge store and repeat.

I guess the batteries have limits to their intelligence.

The older DJI batteries would occasionally develop a cell voltage divergence that would prevent use. The solution with them was to discharge them to a level below 10%,let them cool off, and recharge them to 100%. No guarantee that it will work in your case, but worth a try.

Hi
I got the same problem with one battery. After contacting DJI Germany, they said to send them the damage battery. After 10 days i receive a new battery for free.
The broken battery it was 9 months old and more then 60 cycles. Dji guys don't care and replace it. So i think the warranty for 6 months it is not true. At least in Germany.

Hi
I got the same problem with one battery. After contacting DJI Germany, they said to send them the damage battery. After 10 days i receive a new battery for free.
The broken battery it was 9 months old and more then 60 cycles. Dji guys don't care and replace it. So i think the warranty for 6 months it is not true. At least in Germany.
That's probably because you are in Germany and the customer service is well trained. Here in the US, the customer service feel like it's run by unprofessional teens.

That's not nice. Another friend crash the drone from high altitude. More then 2000 meters and they replace on dji care.
Maybe you can contact dji from China. I replace my mavic pro after 2 weeks when i buy it(compass error problems). It was also pay the care refresh and the China guys move the insurance to the new bird in 2 hours. They are the same like in Germany.
In my opinion. They speak very nice and very understanding with problems.

The Op
I charged them periodically over the winter.
If you did charge them periodically the he battery was over charged and left for too long. Anything over 4.20v per any cell will cause the 'smart circuit' to deem it damaged.

That's why the advice is to store a battery at 50% charge and leave it alone until time to use it.

I tried using my Ultimax 4 hub battery charger and it charged 3 of my mavic 2 pro batteries but battery #3 it did not and says “Error 2” anyone know where I can look up what Error 2 means?

The Op

If you did charge them periodically the he battery was over charged and left for too long. Anything over 4.20v per any cell will cause the 'smart circuit' to deem it damaged.

That's why the advice is to store a battery at 50% charge and leave it alone until time to use it.
You can't overcharge the smart batteries. They won't start charging if they are near 4.20v. You can render them undercharged though.

PowerExtra do stand behind their batteries and are reputable among third party battery providers. Once in a while though they come across incompatibiilites with latest firmware updates.

Now if only they would come up with an M2 compatible battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nordrand