DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro battery question

RickJW

Reactions
Hi all.
New member here from Kirkland WA. Recently purchased a used Mavic Pro that came with 2 batteries. I’m having so much fun and the 2batteries don’t seem to give me enuf air time. So I ordered 2 more from Amazon and will arrive today.
So, the question is, will I have to do any updates to them before first use?
Thanks,
Rick

Hi all.
New member here from Kirkland WA. Recently purchased a used Mavic Pro that came with 2 batteries. I’m having so much fun and the 2batteries don’t seem to give me enuf air time. So I ordered 2 more from Amazon and will arrive today.
Thanks,
Rick
short answer yes charge them up and when you use first time the app will prompt you and just follow the instuctions

If the battery firmware needs to be updated, you'll see an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message in DJI GO like this. You'll see that message for each battery that needs to be updated. If no message appears, you're good to go.

I certainly hope so as I paid full retail. How can I tell what I get?
Who did you buy it from on Amazon? New sellers are high risk sellers of camera and other equipment battery knockoffs, and they are hard to tell. They even are good at copying the manufacturer’s laser imprinted logo stickers on Nikon and Cannon batteries, so I imagine the black market for the more expensive drone smart batteries is much worse. Always buy directly from the manufacturer, or from reputable places like B&H, BestBuy, etc.

Reactions: old man mavic
if the batteries that came with your drone are genuine use them as reference when the others come check all the printed info on the battery they should all be the same and the green lights on the top when it is switched on should be as bright as the original ones knock off ones tend to be different

Reactions: Ron Gibo
I certainly hope so as I paid full retail. How can I tell what I get?
Just compare the new batteries to your existing batteries. No 3rd party parties are nearly identical to DJI batteries. So, if they are 3rd party, you will instantly be able to tell.

Hi all.
Thanks,
Rick

this is a good example of how valuable this forum is.... now we all know more about where to buy genuine DJI batteries and how to tell the difference. Somethine else important to know, and can learn on this forum.... how many people have lost their drone "for absolutely no reason" only to have the experts show them that their "new" and "fully charged" battery disconnected, went from 50-0% in seconds or other disaster... paying another 20 bucks for the best battery can save the loss of the AC.

Reactions: sea157
Hi all.
Thanks,
Rick

Hello Rick JW

Something that worked for Me and I want to recommend You is to mark your old batteries and new ones (better if You use numbers) so that You don't loose track after some time of use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J