DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro first impressions, take 2.

KennyJr

Reactions
The wife and I were out at her sisters today where there is nothing around for miles. Here are my results.

Distance test: I had it out to about 4800 feet when I start loosing video feed. The RC signal was still showing 5 bars, but the video feed had dropped to 2, then one before loosing video. It may been the trees or power lines causing the problem.

DJI Go/Litchi: With the P3P I almost exclusively ran Litchi. In fact the only time I ran Go was to do the calibrations. With the Mavic I think I like DJI Go 4 over Litchi. I also forgot that I need to unload the one from the background before running the other on my android tablet.

RTH: Return to Home seems to be much more precise with the Mavic than the P3P. As I stated in the other thread RTH on the P3 would land 10 feet or more from the takeoff point. With the Mavic Pro it was about to land precisely it took off from when I got a message that it couldn't finish. Something about my all white table. Since the Mavic sits so low taking off from the grass was a no go. I need to make or buy a landing pad with markings the Mavic can lock on to.

ActiveTrack: I had my grand niece run around the yard and the Mavic had no problem tracking her until she when into the shade and it lost track of her. Also it would loose track if she mingled with the other people there.

Tripod mode: Made for nice smooth movements. I also think this would be a great mode for beginners to use.

Sport mode: I only used this mode for a few minutes, but boy does this thing move in sports mode.

Point of Interest: Not much to say. It worked just as advertised.

I really didn't try the other modes as the rest of the guests started to show so I shut it down. With that many people I didn't want to chance hurting someone. I also didn't want to seem anti-social.

One quick question for the group. Can anyone recommend a good tablet holder that doesn't cover the RC?

I can go over 5200 ft away on mine in densely populated area w/ a lot of wifi around @ 250 ft in alt.
I lose RC signal but AC still very much controllable and video somewhat affected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark